|Initial release||May 30, 2012|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 - 4.3 Jelly Bean, 4.4 Kit Kat, 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, Korean, Italian, Russian and German|
|Type||Intelligent personal assistant|
S Voice is an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator which is only available as a built-in application for the Samsung Galaxy S III, S III Mini (including NFC Variant), S4, S4 Mini, S4 Active, S5, S5 Mini, S II Plus,Note II, Note 3, Note 4, Note 10.1, Note 8.0, Stellar, Mega, Grand, Avant, Core, Ace 3, Tab 3 7.0, Tab 3 8.0, Tab 3 10.1, Galaxy Camera, and other 2013 or later Samsung Android devices. The application uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services. It is based on the Vlingo personal assistant.
The Galaxy S5 and later Samsung Android devices' S Voice runs on Nuance instead of Vlingo.
Some of the capabilities of S Voice include making appointments, opening apps, setting alarms, updating social network websites such as Facebook or Twitter and navigation. S Voice also offers multitasking as well as automatic activation features, for example when the car engine is started.
In a disclaimer that pops up on first opening S Voice, Samsung states that the app is provided by a third party which it does not name.
- Wollman, Dana (3 May 2012). "Samsung announces SmartStay and S Voice features for the Galaxy S III". Engadget. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Lunden, Ingrid (3 May 2012). "Samsung: The Death Of The Spec Gives Way To The Birth Of The Human Touch". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Samsung’s New S-Voice Is Just A Skinned Version Of Vlingo Labs Beta on Google Play".
- "Samsung GALAXY S4". CaCELL. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Dolcourt, Jessie. "Samsung's S Voice Drive app might not suck (hands-on)". Cnet. Retrieved 17 April 2013.