Cover of volume 19
|Genre||Action, Sports, Drama|
|Written by||Shuichi Shigeno|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||1983 – 1991|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Nagayuki Toriumi
|Released||May 10, 1986 – December 16, 1986|
Baribari Legend (バリバリ伝説 Baribari Densetsu) is an early motorbike racing manga series by Shuichi Shigeno, who went on to create the Initial D series. It was published in 38 volumes between 1983 and 1991 by Kodansha. In 1985, it won the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen.
The story has a lot of similar points with Initial D. Racing on the public road (illegal of course) is the center of the storyline in the first half. It became a social problem in Japan because many "Hashiriya" got influenced by it and became "Rolling-zoku"(hashiriya trying to see how fast they can go through curves).
The character Gun Koma appears as a hidden character in the PlayStation 2 game MotoGP by Namco.
- Gun Koma (巨摩 郡) is a motorcycle racer. He rides a Honda CB750 as well as a Suzuki GSX-R. Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka
- Ai Itou (伊藤 歩惟) is Gun's girlfriend. Voiced by: Yōko Oginome
- Hideyoshi Hijiri (聖 秀吉) is Gun's friendly rival. He rides a Suzuki Katana. Voiced by: Ryūsei Nakao
- Hiro Okita (沖田 比呂) is Gun's best friend. He rides a Kawasaki Z400GP. Voiced by: Issei Futamata
- Miyuki Ichinose (一ノ瀬 美由紀) is the daughter of the Ichinose Racing Team president. She's in love with Hiro. Miyuki rides a Honda VT250F.
- Tomoyo Hijiri (聖 知代) is Hideyoshi's sister. She lost her parents in car accident.
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|