Brampton (Suffolk) railway station
|Managed by||Abellio Greater Anglia|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||East Suffolk Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Eastern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|4 December 1854||Opened as Brampton|
|1 June 1928||Renamed Brampton (Suffolk)|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Brampton (Suffolk) from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Brampton is a railway station serving the villages of Brampton and Redisham in Suffolk, England, which is approximately 1½ miles away. The station is located on the Ipswich-Lowestoft East Suffolk Line.
The station is served by Abellio Greater Anglia, who operate services between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
Since 9 December 2012 the station has been served by an hourly service through to Lowestoft. Trains stop by request only.
The railway line between Halesworth and Haddiscoe was opened by the East Suffolk Railway (ESR) on 4 December 1854, and a station at Brampton was opened the same day. The ESR was absorbed by the Eastern Counties Railway in 1859, which in turn was amalgamated with other railways to form the Great Eastern Railway (GER) in 1862. The GER's successor, the London and North Eastern Railway, renamed the station Brampton (Suffolk) on 1 June 1928.
The following services currently call at Brampton:
- 1 train per hour each way local service between Ipswich and Lowestoft
The following service departs from outside the station:
- 522 Beccles - Brampton Station - Halesworth
- Allen, Cecil J. (1956) . The Great Eastern Railway (2nd ed.). Hampton Court: Ian Allan. p. 216.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 42. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Awdry, Christopher (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. London: Guild Publishing. pp. 127, 126, 133. CN 8983.
- Table 13 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brampton (Suffolk) railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Abellio Greater Anglia|