Cadet Colleges in Pakistan
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
They are specifically intended to prepare young students from a very broad range of socioeconomic and linguistic backgrounds to pass the demanding physical, educational, psychological and behavioural standards of the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB). This is distinct from the purpose of regular cantonment schools intended to educate the children of service members.
Pakistan Education Development Organization, (PEDO; LTD), is a private NGO, run by retired senior naval officers from Pakistan Navy and Education Directorate who joined hands under the charismatic leadership of Commander (R) Muhammad Sibtain Shah, who had already been the pioneer founder of Private sector Cadet Colleges in Pakistan since 1996. Cdr. (R) Sibtain Shah, during his service in Pakistan Navy, held key positions in the Education Directorate of Pakistan Navy and initiated many new projects in Education for Pakistan Navy, while being assigend the task to run and establish curridculum and administration setup for projects like Bahria College Islamabad, Bahria University in 1996. Mr. Shah, after retirement had been actively involved in education projects and construction for Pakistan Navy and his company (M/s METCO Engineering LTD) had undertook proje3cts like Bahria College Islamabad extension, Pakistan Navy Model School, Bahria University extension and a number of private boarding schools' projects, which were run under Mr. Shah's assistance.
Mr. Shah, while having a keen interest for education and understanding its importance for the future generations, always believed in imparting quality education to the masses. Discipline plays an important role in a young child's life and it grooms him to become a responsible and humble citizen to serve the humanity.
PEDO LTD, was formed with the intention, by Senior Naval Officers under leadership of Mr. Shah, to cater for quality education in Pakistan. Cadet College Rawalpindi was established in 2005 near Chakri Interchange on Islamabad - Lahore Motorway. A healthy environment requires ample space, specific blocks and a spacious campus with all sports and academic facilities, which was, from the very first day kept in mind by the Management.
Cadet College Rawalpindi is a fully residential boarding cadet college, which is NOC approved and recognized by the Forces Head Quarters (Pakistan Navy Education Directorate) and has since the past ten years been maintaining its name in the field while imparting quality education and catering for students from all social classes to be a part in excelling to become the pioneers of a healthy and prosperous Nation in the future. With very nominal fees, in a private sector boarding school, Cadet College Rawalpindi has ample fields and sports facilities including fully National Level Covered Swimming Pool, Horse Riding Club, Football, basketball courts, Volley ball, ISSB training field, Hockey, Cricket & Football.
Spread over an area of 400 kanals, the campus is a lush green, environment friendly campus with all facilities. the College has grown and expanded over the years and been earning sound reputation in the academia. The College has been securing remarkable positions in Federal Board Examinations as well as sports events such as Federal Board Inter College Matches and Athletics.
The Athletic Team, under supervision of Asian Olympics and National Level Champion, has been securing Gold Medals and been winning Athletics Competition since 2010 and for consecutive 5 years been placed undefeated champions in Federal Board Athletics Championship
This system was first established in the pre-Partition, pre-Independence era in order to support the push to indigenise the officer corps of the British Indian Army, a reward to the social classes that had provided loyal support for the British Empire's war efforts in the 1914-1918 First World War and which in return expected greater opportunities for participation at higher levels.
The very first to be established was the Prince of Wales Royal Indian Military College (RIMC) in March 1922 at Doon Valley which was then in Punjab Province (now the Indian state of Uttarkhand) following the severe difficulties in acceptance and adjustment faced by the first batch of South Asian cadets sent directly to Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in England.
RIMC was lost with the partition of the country and the army in August 1947 and became the Indian Republic's Rashtriya Indian Military College. The first cadet college to be built by the newly established Pakistan Army was the Punjab Cadet College Hasanabdal, Attock District in Punjab in 1954. Faujdarhat Cadet College was built in Chittagong, then East Pakistan in 1958.
In 1922 the British Indian Army also established the King George Royal Indian Military Schools (KGRIMS) at Jhelum and Jalandhar cantonments in Punjab Province for the separate purpose of providing education to the sons of the enlisted men and Other Ranks of the Army. After independence and partition the Jhelum campus was upgraded to the status of a military college and is known as Military College Jhelum.
The expansion of the Pakistan armed forces, and the broadening of the social base of its officers corps from the 1960s onwards has inevitably led to the expansion in the number of cadet colleges and their distribution around the country.
Names of Cadet Colleges in Pakistan
. Cadet Colleges In Punjab
- Cadet College Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Jhang, Punjab, Pakistan, Pakistan.
- Military College Jhelum, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Cadet College Choa Saidan Shah, Chakwal District , Punjab, Pakistan
- Cadet College Chakwal For Boys, Punjab, Pakistan
- Cadet College Chakwal For Girls, Punjab, Pakistan
- Cadet College Jhang, Punjab, Pakistan
- Military College Murree, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Khanpur, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Pasrur, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Fort Munro, D.G.Khan, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Jhelum, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Kallar Kahar, Punjab, Pakistan.
- cadet college Fateh Jang, Punjab,Pakistan
- Cadet college Esa khel,Mianwali
- Cadet College Okara OKARA PUNJAB Pakistan
Cadet Colleges in GIlgit-Baltistan
- Cadet College Skardu
- Cadet College Chilas
Cadet Colleges In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Cadet College Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- WAPDA Cadet College Tarbela(Military Recognized), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Pakistan Scouts Cadet College Batrasi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
- Cadet College Karnal Sher Khan, Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
- Cadet College manjanbazam (only cadet college in Pakistan run by its special service group)
- Garrison Cadet College Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Cadet college swat, Swat Khyber pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Cadet Colleges In Azad Kashmir
Cadet Colleges In Sindh
- Cadet College Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Petaro, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Sanghar, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Pak Steel, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Pano Aqil, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Ghotki, Sindh, Pakistan.
Cadet Colleges In FATA
- Cadet College Razmak, North Waziristan Agency, FATA, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Wana, South Waziristan Agency, FATA, Pakistan
- Cadet College Spinkai, South Waziristan Agency, FATA, Pakistan.
Cadet Colleges In Balochistan
- Cadet college Killa Saifullah, Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Mastung, Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Jaffarabad, Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Military College Sui, Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Cadet College Ormara, balochistan Pakistan
Cadet colleges in KPK KERNAL SHER KHAN CADET COLLEGE,ISMAILA CADET COLLEGE, KOHAT