Camden Municipal Airport
|Camden Municipal Airport|
NAIP aerial image, September 2006
|Owner||City of Camden|
|Elevation AMSL||143 ft / 44 m|
Camden Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 61A) is a city owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Camden, a city in Wilcox County, Alabama, United States.
Facilities and aircraft
Camden Municipal Airport covers an area of 77 acres (31 ha) at an elevation of 143 feet (44 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,303 by 80 feet (1,312 x 24 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 1, 2010, the airport had 3,248 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 62 per week. At that time there were six aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine and 17% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 61A ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-27.
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB)" (PDF). 2009–2013 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 15, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-06.
- Aerial image as of March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos from U.S. Civil Air Patrol at the Wayback Machine (archived September 27, 2006)
- Resources for this airport: