Shelby County Airport (Alabama)
|Shelby County Airport|
NAIP aerial image, 2006
|IATA: none – ICAO: KEET – FAA LID: EET
– WMO: 72230
|Owner||Shelby County Commission|
|Elevation AMSL||586 ft / 179 m|
Shelby County Airport (ICAO: KEET, FAA LID: EET) is a public use airport located four nautical miles (7 km) southeast of the central business district of Alabaster, a city in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. It is owned by the Shelby County Commission. The airport is situated in the city of Calera, Alabama.
This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 and 2009–2013, both of which categorized it as a general aviation facility. This was a change from the 2007–2011 NPIAS Report, when it was categorized as a reliever airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Shelby County Airport covers an area of 125 acres (51 ha) at an elevation of 586 feet (179 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 16/34 which measures 5,000 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m). The runway runs parallel to adjacent Interstate 65. The airport has its own interchange on that highway.
For the 12-month period ending January 15, 2010, the airport had 20,848 aircraft operations, an average of 57 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 83 aircraft based at this airport: 92% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 1% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for EET ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- "Shelby County Airport". Shelby County website. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 4 October 2010.
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB)" (PDF). 2009–2013 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 15 October 2008.
- "2007–2011 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.26 MB)" (PDF). 2007–2011 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 6 October 2006.
- Great Circle Mapper: KEET - Alabaster, Alabama - Shelby County Airport
7. ^ Shelby County Airport website February 22, 2014
- Shelby County Aviation Association - Organization of pilots and aircraft owners that support the Shelby County Airport
- Aerial image as of 6 March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for EET, effective July 23, 2015
- Resources for this airport: