Canon EOS 1000D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.2 mm × 14.8 mm (1.6× conversion factor)|
|Maximum resolution||10.1 effective megapixels, 3,888 × 2,592|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up, 13m ISO 100 guide number, 27mm (equivalent in 35 format) lens focal length coverage; compatible with Canon EX Series Speedlite external hotshoe-mount flashes|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 to 30 s and Bulb, 1/200 s X-sync|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 1,600|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 35-zone SPC|
|Exposure modes||Full Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, No Flash, Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority, Manual, Auto Depth-of-field|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial (approx. 10% at center of viewfinder), Center-weighted average|
|Focus areas||7 AF points|
|Focus modes||AI Focus, One-Shot, Predictive AI Servo, Live Mode in Live View; Quick Mode in Live View|
|Continuous shooting||3 fps for 514 JPEG frames or 1.5 fps for 5 RAW frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror SLR, 95% coverage, 0.81× magnification|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Manual, user-set|
|WB bracketing||± 3 stops in 1-stop increments;|
|Rear LCD monitor||2.5 in (6.4 cm) color TFT LCD, 230,000 pixels|
|Storage||Secure Digital Card
Secure Digital High Capacity
|Battery||LP-E5 Battery Pack|
|Optional battery packs||BG-E5|
|Dimensions||126.1 mm × 97.5 mm × 61.9 mm (4.96 in × 3.84 in × 2.44 in)|
|Weight||450 g (16 oz) (body only)|
|Made in||Japan / Taiwan (body)
Taiwan (kit lens)
Canon EOS 1000D is a 10.1-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 10 June 2008 and started shipping in mid August 2008. It is known as the EOS Kiss F in Japan and the EOS Rebel XS in the United States and Canada. The 1000D is an entry-level DSLR that has been described as being a step below the 450D.
The camera shares a few features with the 450D. It offers Live View shooting, DIGIC III Image Processor, and SDHC media storage. However, it has seven focus points (opposed to nine) and does not have spot light metering. The 1000D is also the second Canon EOS model (after the 450D) to exclusively use SD Card and SDHC memory storage instead of CompactFlash.
- 10.1 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Sensor Size : APS-C 22 mm ×14 mm
- Sensor Crop Factor: 1.6×
- DIGIC III Image Processor.
- 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) TFT color LCD monitor with 230,000-dot resolution.
- Wide-area 7 point AF with center cross-type sensors.
- EOS Self Cleaning Sensor Unit.
- Continuous Drive up to 3 frames per second for as many JPEG files or up to 1.5 frames per second for 5 RAW files or 4 RAW+JPEG files.
- ISO sensitivity 100–1600.
- Canon EF/EF-S lenses.
- NTSC/PAL video output.
- File formats include: JPEG, RAW (12-bit Canon original).
- Custom Functions (C.Fn) Such as Exposure Level Increment by f-stop etc.
- Canon LP-E5 battery pack, battery life (shots per charge) approx. 190–600 without flash or 180–500 with 50% flash use.
- Approx. weight 0.450 kilograms (0.99 lb).
Despite no official advertised functionality offered by Canon for video recording, open source software is now available to allow a user to record video directly to a computer.
- Butler, Richard (July 2008). "Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS / Kiss F) Review". dpreview.com. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "EOS 1000D Product Specification". Canon Europe. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "CANON'S NEW EOS REBEL XS CAMERA LOOKS TO INSPIRE A NEW GENERATION OF DIGITAL SLR PHOTOGRAPHERS" (Press release). Canon USA. 8 July 2008. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- Goldstein, Mark (6 August 2008). "Canon EOS 1000D Review (also called the Canon Digital Rebel XS)". photographyblog.com. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- Laing, Gordon (August 2008). "Canon EOS 1000D / Rebel XS". cameralabs.com. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "eos_movrec". Retrieved 21 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS 1000D.|
|Canon EOS digital camera timeline (comparison)|
Image processor: Non-DIGIC DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+