Canon EOS 100D
|Type||digital single lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.3 x 14.9 mm (1.6x crop factor)|
|Maximum resolution||5,184×3,456 (18.0 effective megapixels)|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up|
|Shutter||1/4000 to 30 sec|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 12800 (expandable to 25600)|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 63-zone SPC|
|Focus areas||9 AF points|
|Flash bracketing||Yes, with external flash|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|Storage||Secure Digital Card
Secure Digital High Capacity
Secure Digital Extended Capacity
|Dimensions||116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4 mm (W x H x D)|
|Weight||407 g (body, battery and memory card)|
The Canon EOS 100D, known as the EOS Rebel SL1 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X7 in Japan, is an 18.0-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 21 March 2013. It has been described as the "world's smallest and lightest DSLR camera", either currently in production or in the APS-C format. Canon uses a smaller version of the APS-C sensor format than some other manufacturers including Nikon, Pentax, and Sony, with a crop factor of 1.6 rather than 1.5. It weighs 407 grams including battery and memory card.
The EOS 100D shares a similar set of features with the larger Canon EOS 700D. However, it does have an improved focus tracking system in live view mode called Hybrid CMOS AF II with 80% frame coverage. The 700D has the previous version of Hybrid CMOS AF with much reduced frame coverage.
- 17.9 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 image processor with 14-bit processing
- 95% viewfinder frame coverage with 0.87× magnification
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p (25 Hz) and 30p (29.97 Hz) with drop frame timing
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 30p and 25p
- 4.0 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD touchscreen with 1.04-megapixel resolution. However, the 100D has a fixed screen, unlike the articulated screen of the 700D (and that camera's immediate predecessors, the 650D and 600D).
- 3.5mm microphone jack for external microphones or recorders
- "Canon EOS 100D launched as 18MP DSLR - News". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Guide to DSLRs launched in 2013". Amateur Photographer. 29 January 2014.
- "Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D Press Release". Canon Inc., reproduced by The-digital-picture.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
Among digital SLR cameras which use APS-C size equivalent sensors
- "Canon EOS 100D - EOS Digital SLR and Compact System Cameras - Canon UK". Canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 Review: Digital Photography Review". dpreview.com. 1 July 2013.
|Canon EOS digital camera timeline (comparison)|
Specialty models: C - Cinema EOS
Naming of entry-level models: Rebel - Americas | Kiss - Japan
See also: Canon EOS film cameras