|Service type||Bus operator|
|Hubs||Central Queensland University|
|Fleet||17 (June 2013)|
Sunbus Rockhampton previously Capricorn Sunbus is the principal bus operator in Rockhampton, Queensland operating services under the QConnect scheme in Regional Queensland. It is one of Sunbus' operations.
In May 1995, Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, commenced operating the route services in Rockhampton formerly operated by Rockhampton City Council. Initially branded Rocky transit it was later renamed Capricorn Sunbus.
Sunbus operates routes in most Rockhampton suburbs including the northern suburb of Parkhurst, the eastern suburbs of Lakes Creek and Koongal, the southern suburbs of The Range and Allenstown and the western suburb of West Rockhampton. The area with the best service coverage is the busy North Rockhampton arterial road Musgrave Street in North Rockhampton. The Sunbus depot is located in the suburb of Kawana.
As of June 2013, the fleet consisted of 17 buses, primarily Bustech MDis and XDis. The fleet livery is light blue. It commenced operations with a fleet of ex Public Transport Corporation Ansair bodied Volvo B59s. These were replaced by a fleet of Mercedes-Benz Varios.
- "Rockhampton City Council" Australian Bus Panorama 10/8 May 1995 page 33
- "Rocky Transit" Australian Bus Panorama 11/2 September 1995 page 43
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Skybus Operator to Acquire Transit Australia Group - Bustech not Included". Australasian Bus & Coach. 2 April 2019. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Skybus parent relaunched as 'Kinetic'". Australasian Bus & Coach. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- Sunbus Rockhampton Australian Bus Fleet Lists