Caribbean Tourism Organization
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
The Caribbean Tourism Organization's main objective is the development of sustainable tourism for the economic and social benefit of Caribbean people. The CTO provides to and through its public and private sector members, the services and information to accomplish this goal.
The CTO, with headquarters in Barbados and offices in New York and London, is the Caribbean’s tourism development agency comprising membership of the region’s finest countries and territories including Dutch, English, French and Spanish, as well as a myriad of private sector allied members. The CTO’s vision is to position the Caribbean as the most desirable, year round, warm weather destination, and its purpose is Leading Sustainable Tourism - One Sea, One Voice, One Caribbean. Among the benefits to its members the organization provides specialized support and technical assistance in sustainable tourism development, marketing, communications, advocacy, human resource development, event planning & execution and research & information technology. In addition the CTO, in partnership with the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, jointly and equally owns the Caribbean Tourism Development Company, a marketing and business development entity dedicated to promoting the Caribbean brand worldwide.
countries, including English, French, Spanish and Dutch countries and territories, as well as private sector allied members. These include the Caribbean Hotel Association, companies, organizations and persons providing products and services to the Caribbean tourism industry.
CTO was established in 1989 with the merger of the Caribbean Tourism Association (founded in 1951) and the Caribbean Tourism Research and Development Center (founded in 1974)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- French overseas departments:
- Kingdom of the Netherlands:
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- British overseas territories:
- United States territories:
- CTO: Region earned over US$23b from tourism
- The Caribbean Tourism Organization pushes for a more sustainable tourism product
- CTO Conference on sustainable tourism
- Statement by the Caribbean Tourism Organization
- Caribbeantravel.com - Official tourism site of the Caribbean
- OneCaribbean.org - Official tourism business website of the Caribbean Tourism Organization
- CaribbeanWeek.ca - Highlights of Toronto's annual Caribbean Week
|This Caribbean-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|