This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Neighbourhood in Dhanbad|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Chhotaputki is part of Ward No. 9 of Dhanbad Municipal Corporation.
Adjacent to Chhotaputki is Badaputki. On a whole these two makes it a live suburb named Putki. Majority of the residents here are from Choudhary, Ojha and Mahto community. The zip code of Putki is 828116
As of 2001[update] India census, Chhotaputki had a population of 6,693. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Chhotaputki has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 63% and female literacy of 42%. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Production in Putkee Colliery was stopped in 2006 and only pumping is being done to reduce the load in the neighbouring mine.
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". DMC. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Dsitrict Map". Physical Map of Dhanbad. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". प्रादेशिक निर्वाचन क्षेत्रों की सूची (in Hindi). Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Dhanbad - Coal Capital of India". List of Coal Mines in Dhanbad. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Bharat Coking Coal Limited". PB Area. BCCL. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Google maps
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|