Circumferential Road 6
C-6Circumferential Road 6
Southeast Metro Manila Expressway
C-6 Road at night
|Length||34.24 km (21.28 mi)|
|North end||Napindan Bridge in Pasig|
|South end||M.L. Quezon Street in Taguig|
|Extension (C-6 Expressway)|
|North end||San Jose Del Monte|
|Southwest end||Noveleta, Cavite|
|Major cities||San Jose Del Monte, Pasig, Taguig, Muntinlupa, Antipolo, Bacoor, Imus|
|Towns||Rodriguez, San Mateo, Taytay, Kawit, Noveleta|
Roads in the Philippines
Circumferential Road 6, or the Southeast Metro Manila Expressway (more commonly referred to as C-6), is a 34.24-kilometre (21.28 mi), 6 lane, planned network of roads and bridges that altogether would form the sixth and outermost beltway of Manila in the Philippines.
It was originally intended to be a 59.5-kilometre (37.0 mi) long circumferential expressway linking North Luzon Expressway in San Jose del Monte and South Luzon Expressway in Muntinlupa passing through the Rizal cities and municipalities of Rodriguez, San Mateo, Antipolo and Taytay, and extending to Bacoor, Imus, Kawit and Noveleta in Cavite.
The road consists of the following segments:
Laguna Lake Highway
C-6 in Taguig was built in 2009 along the shore of the Laguna de Bay. It is a two-lane road which runs for approximately 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) from M.L. Quezon Street in Bicutan to the Napindan Bridge over the Pasig River near the city's border with the Rizal municipality of Taytay. The road project was approved in 2002 as the Taguig Road Dike intended to run for 9.8 kilometres (6.1 mi) from the South Luzon Expressway towards Rizal and also serve as flood control for Taguig. In February 2017, the road was widened to four lanes and has been renamed by the Department of Public Works and Highways as the Laguna Lake Highway.
- Cabuenas, Jon Viktor D. (10 August 2017). "DPWH to start building P31.3-B C6 toll way in 2018". GMA News Online. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Metro Manila Infrastructure Development" (PDF). University of the Philippines Diliman. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Senate Bill No. 3548" (PDF). Senate of the Philippines. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Macairan, Evelyn (7 November 2009). "C6 Road done by yearend - DPWH". Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Dizon, Nikko (6 March 2002). "Taguig road dike project approved". Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Ignacio, R.J. (7 February 2017). "Laguna Lake Highway new lanes open Feb 9". The Manila Times. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- Agcaoili, Lawrence (25 October 2013). "DPWH sets bidding for P62-B projects". Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 July 2015.