North Luzon East Expressway
|North Luzon East Expressway|
|North East Luzon Expressway
Radial Road 7
Proposed route of NLEX East
|Length:||92.1 km (57.2 mi)|
|From:||Commonwealth Avenue (R-7), Balara, Quezon City
North Luzon Expressway (R-8) in Guiguinto, Bulacan
|To:||Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija|
|Major cities:||Quezon City, San Jose del Monte, Gapan, Cabanatuan|
|Towns:||Norzagaray, Guiguinto, Plaridel, Bustos, San Rafael, San Ildefonso, San Miguel, San Leonardo, Santa Rosa|
|Highways | Expressways|
With a length of 92.1 km., the project consists of Phase I and Phase II and will form an important transport access in the eastern area of Central Luzon. NLEX East Expressway is up to Cabanatuan starting from the end point of La-Mesa Parkway and/or junction of C–6 in San Jose del Monte via Norzagaray, Angat, San Ildefonso, San Miguel, Gapan, and Santa Rosa parallel to the Pan-Philippine Highway (AH26). Bridges will be required for the project to cross Angat River, Peñaranda River, and Pampanga River.
The North Luzon Expressway East will be connected to the planned Central Luzon Link Expressway.
Project Impact and Objectives
- Eliminate heavy road traffic along the Central Luzon part of the Pan-Philippine Highway, which costs a significant amount to the economy everyday.
- Provide significant reduction of travel time to Region II (Cagayan Valley).
- To facilitate trade and commerce among the towns and cities in Nueva Ecija, Bulacan and Metro Manila.
- To promote gender equality in job opportunity by the employment of a number of women.
The bidding of the project goes to a private construction contractor.
- March 2012 - Procurement for the Consultancy Services of the Business Case Study
- July 2012 - Shortlisting of Consultants
- July 26, 2012 - Submission of Bids
- January 16, 2013 - Notice of Award
- February 14, 2013 - Approval of Contracts
- February 21, 2013 - Notice to Proceed was issued to Pertconsult International
- Exit 1 Norzagaray
- Exit 2 Guiguinto
- Exit 3 Plaridel
- Exit 4 Bustos
- Exit 5 San Rafael
- Exit 6 San Ildefonso
- Exit 7 San Miguel
- Exit 8 Gapan City
- Exit 9 San Leonardo
- Exit 10 Santa Rosa
- Exit 11 Cabanatuan City
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), in its letter dated February 11, 2015, expressed their interest in participating in the North Luzon East Expressway (NLEE) Project as Transaction Advisors.
- DPWH provided DBP with electronic copy of the Draft Final Report of the Business Case Study on March 3, 2015.
- DPWH quoted that the construction of the expressway will begin on Q4, 2016.