This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Kevin Sayer, CEO & President|
|Revenue||US$1.032 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
DexCom, Inc. is a company that develops, manufactures, and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management. It operates internationally with headquarters in San Diego, California.
Dexcom was founded in 1999 by Scott Glenn, John Burd, Lauren Otsuki, Ellen Preston and Bret Megargel. In 2006, Dexcom received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and launched the Dexcom STS Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, which is a three-day sensor that provides up to 288 glucose measurements every 24 hours. Dexcom received approval of the second generation product, the Seven Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in May 2007. This device improves on accuracy and extending usage from three to seven days. In 2008, Dexcom announced two consumer development agreements with Insulet Corporation and Animas Corporation as well as a development agreement with Edwards Lifesciences for a continuous glucose monitor in the intensive care unit hospital environment. During February 2009, Dexcom received approval for the Seven Plus Continuous Glucose Monitor, of its new continuous glucose monitoring system from the FDA. This product received a CE mark in November 2009. In 2013, development to integrate with Insulet discontinued. Dexcom entered a non-exclusive agreement with Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc. in 2015 to allow the integration of its new G5 and G6 continuous glucose monitoring systems into Tandem's insulin pumps. The G5 was approved in 2016 by the FDA for use as a standalone device, while the G6 gained approval in 2018.
- "Dexcom adding 500 jobs in Mesa". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- "Freedom Meditech raises $7 million". San Diego Union-Tribune. August 7, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- "Insulet Corporation and DexCom Announce Development Agreement (NASDAQ:DXCM)". Investor.shareholder.com. January 7, 2008. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "DexCom™ Announces Joint Development Agreement with Animas Corporation". Investor.shareholder.com. June 10, 2008. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- "Edwards Lifesciences and DexCom to Develop Continuous Glucose Monitoring Products for Hospital Market (NASDAQ:DXCM)". Investor.shareholder.com. November 10, 2008. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Development Agreement with Dexcom for Integration of Future Generation CGM Systems". PR Newswire. July 30, 2015. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "FDA authorizes first fully interoperable continuous glucose monitoring system, streamlines review pathway for similar devices" (Press release). FDA. March 27, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- Official website
- Business data for DexCom, Inc.: