Donald K. Ross (author)
In the United States, Donald K. Ross is a public interest lawyer. Ross proposed the model of Public Interest Research Groups (PIRGS) with Ralph Nader. Ross became the first director of the NYPIRG (The New York Public Interest Research Group, Inc.).
He helped to found the Albany law firm of Malkin & Ross, and its associated advocacy organization M+R Strategic Services. He has served on the board of directors of environmental organizations.
Public Interest Research Groups (PIRGS)
While serving with Ralph Nader, Donald K. Ross wrote the book Action for a change, which proposed the organizational model for Public Interest Research Groups (PIRGS). He was the first director of the New York Public Interest Research Group, Inc. (NYPIRG).
Law Firm: Malkin and Ross
Board member of environmental organizations
He has served as an adviser and officer of several non-profit organizations that are dedicated to public-interest causes, especially the environment. He served as an adviser to members of the Rockefeller Family from 1985 to 1999. In 2011, he was on the Boards of Directors for the League of Conservation Voters; that same year, he served as the chairperson of Greenpeace US.
- Nader, Ralph & Ross, Donald. Action for Change. Penguin Books, 1973 (rev. ed.)
- "About Us". NYPIRG Financial Information. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Senia, Al (October 1974). "The New Student Activists". Change. Taylor & Francis, Ltd. 6 (8): 29–33. JSTOR 40176811. doi:10.1080/00091383.1974.10568752.
- Malkin and Ross. Policy Staff: Donald K. Ross
- Malkin & Ross: Who we are
- Executive leadership Team at Malkin and Ross Strategic Services Archived December 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.