Dubai Healthcare City
|Free Economic Zone|
|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) (Arabic: مدينة دبي الصحية) is a healthcare free economic zone situated in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. DHCC was launched in 2002 by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. DHCC was mandated by the government to meet the demand for high-quality, patient-centered healthcare, and the main aim is to attract tourists to Dubai for medical services and treatments.
Through strategic partnerships, DHCC provides a wide range of services in healthcare, medical education and research, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, wellness and allied support.
DHCC comprises two phases. Phase 1 of DHCC is dedicated to healthcare and medical education and covers 4.1 million square feet. Phase 2, which is under development, is dedicated to wellness, and will cover 19 million square feet.
In 2014 alone, visits to DHCC were up 20 percent to 1.2 million from 1 million in 2013, of which 15 percent were medical tourists. According to DHCC, the most popular procedures sought by medical tourists to DHCC include infertility, cosmetic and dental treatments. Most medical tourists came to the DHCC from the Gulf Cooperation Council area (37 percent) and wider Arab world (25 percent), though 20 percent came from Europe and 18 from Asia.
1. Healthcare: DHCC is home to 120 medical facilities including hospitals – Mediclinic City Hospital and Dr Sulaiman Al-Habib Hospital – more than 120 outpatient medical centers and diagnostic laboratories with more than 4,000 licensed professionals.
2. Education and Research: Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center (MBR-AMC) is the education and research arm of DHCC. The dedicated academic complex comprises an integrated academic and clinical environment for healthcare, education and research and houses a number of facilities to support educational programmes and research. The facilities include: Al Maktoum Medical Library, Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center, Ahmed Seddiqi Conference Center and Easa Saleh Al-Gurg Case Method Hall.
3. Investment DHCC offers medical and healthcare providers with a ‘one-stop shop’ solution to set up operations and avail of free zone benefits. The investment product portfolio has clinical, commercial, retail, business centre and free-hold land.
4. Regulatory: Under DHCA, the Centre for Healthcare Planning and Quality (CPQ) is an independent regulatory body responsible for licensing healthcare providers and professionals, and setting and maintaining international best practice in healthcare delivery and patient care within DHCC.
Marwan Abedin, Chief Executive Officer of DHCC, serves as a Member of the Board of Directors of Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the legislative body of the free zone. Is also a Member of the Board of Directors of Emaar Properties PJSC and of Al Jalila Foundation, a not-for-profit organization under Royal Decree.
- "Mohammed sets up authority to oversee Dubai Healthcare City - Emirates 24|7". Emirates247.com. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Dubai Healthcare City Launches BR Medical Suites". Wwwg.dubib.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Middle East Health Magazine". Middleeasthealthmag.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Dubai Healthcare City plans wellness clusters". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Future looks bright for Dubai Healthcare City if Dubai wins Expo bid". GulfNews.com. 2013-10-06. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Mediclinic Middle East To Expand Presence At Dubai Healthcare City With Dhs200m Extension Of Mediclinic City Hospital #Dubai". Dubai City Guide. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group to Expand Presence at Dubai Healthcare City with AED400-million Multispecialty Hospital #Dubai". Dubai City Guide. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Medical Tourism Association®-Dubai Healthcare City to Host Health Travel Certification Workshop". Medical Tourism Association. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "News - Mohammed inaugurates Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center". Sheikhmohammed.co.ae. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "About the Dubai Healthcare City". Business-Dubai.com. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Middle East News Wire - Dubai International Academic City Signs MoU with Dubai Healthcare City". ME NewsWire. 2014-06-21. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Oliver Wainwright. "The world's first indoor city: a greatest hits mashup of London and New York | Art and design". Theguardian.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "New healthcare centre to ensure top quality medical services | WAM". Wam.ae. 2004-10-17. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Dubai Healthcare City's Regulator receives second prestigious accreditationUAE - The Official Web Site - News". Uaeinteract.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Princess Haya announces Dubai Healthcare City reorganisation". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2015-04-23.