Earl of Kintore
Earl of Kintore is a title in the Peerage of Scotland. It was created in 1677 for Sir John Keith, third son of William Keith, 6th Earl Marischal (see Earl Marischal for earlier history of the family). He was made Lord Keith of Inverurie and Keith Hall at the same time, also in the Peerage of Scotland. At the death of William, the fourth Earl, in 1761 the earldom became dormant as no-one could prove a claim to it. In 1778, it was decided that the earldom should pass to Anthony Adrian Falconer, Lord Falconer of Halkerton, who changed his surname to Keith-Falconer. The Lordship Falconer of Halkerton and the Earldom of Kintore remained united until 1966, when, at the death of the tenth Earl, the Lordship became dormant.
The eleventh holder of the title, Ethel Sydney Keith-Falconer, married John Baird, 1st Viscount Stonehaven. At the death of Lord Stonehaven, the titles Viscount Stonehaven (created 1938), and Baron Stonehaven (1925), both in the Peerage of the United Kingdom, as well as the Baronetcy of Urie, passed to the couple's son, James. The Countess of Kintore, who died the day after her one-hundredth birthday, was the longest-lived female holder of a British peerage; upon inheriting his mother's title, her son James changed his name to Keith.
Earls of Kintore (1677)
- John Keith, 1st Earl of Kintore (d. 1714)
- William Keith, 2nd Earl of Kintore (d. 1718)
- John Keith, 3rd Earl of Kintore (c. 1699–1758)
- William Keith, 4th Earl of Kintore (c. 1702–1761) (dormant 1761)
- Anthony Adrian Keith-Falconer, 5th Earl of Kintore (d. 1804) (revived 1778)
- William Keith-Falconer, 6th Earl of Kintore (1766–1812)
- Anthony Adrian Keith-Falconer, 7th Earl of Kintore (1794–1844)
- William Adrian Keith-Falconer, Lord Inverurie (1822–1843)
- Francis Alexander Keith-Falconer, 8th Earl of Kintore (1828–1880) 
- Algernon Hawkins Thomond Keith-Falconer, 9th Earl of Kintore (1852–1930)
- Ian Douglas Montagu Keith-Falconer, Lord Inverurie (1877–1897)
- Arthur George Keith-Falconer, 10th Earl of Kintore (1879–1966).
- Sydney Keith-Falconer, 11th Countess of Kintore (1874–1974)
- James Ian Keith, 12th Earl of Kintore (1908–1989)
- Michael Canning William John Keith, 13th Earl of Kintore (1939–2004)
- James William Falconer Keith, 14th Earl of Kintore (b. 1976)
The heir apparent is the present holder's son Tristan Michael Keith, Lord Inverurie (b. 2010)