Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
|College of Ceramic Technology|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|West Bengal University of Technology, upgraded to an academically autonomous postgraduate institute by UGC|
|Principal||Dr. Krishnendu Chakraborty|
|Address||73 ,Abhinash Chandra Bannerjee Lane,, Beliaghata, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
The Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology (GCECT), formerly known as College of Ceramic Technology (CCT), is a premier government funded academically autonomous institute, affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) in Kolkata, India. The college offers BTech in Computer Science and Engineering, Information technology and Ceramic Technology and MTech in the latter two. The college has recently stepped into its 75th year of existence. The Platinum Jubilee of the college was celebrated on April 2016 with association of International Conferences, an alumni meet and visit of eminent people.
The college offers BTech in Computer Science and Engineering, Information technology and Ceramic Technology departments. There is an intake capacity of 48 students (40 through WBJEE and 8 through JELET) per department. The BTech courses of the CSE and IT departments were introduced in 2001 and 2000 respectively. First convocation of GCECT was held on 26 August 2017 at College premises.
- The Ceramic Technology, Information Technology and Computer Science and Engineering departments are National Board of Accreditation Accredited.
- NAAC accredited grade A autonomous institution under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.
- The college is an IBM Software Centre of Excellence
- Joint research project with IIT-Kharagpur- the development of jute reinforced concrete
- Joint industrial project with TISCO- Comparative study of wear mechanism of MgO –Carbon, Al2O3-MgO-Carbon and Pitch bonded Dolomite Refractories in Steel Ladle Working Environment
- Technical tie-up with foreign universities Like Penn State University, University of Florida and Western Michigan University.
- Annual Reports of GCECT
- About GCECT
- NBA Accredited Programmes as published by NBA Archived 23 April 2016 at the Wayback Machine.
- Institutes that are IBM Centres of Excellence by IBM Academic Initiative
- "Projects sponsored by IIT Kharagpur". Iitkgp.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-05-22.