Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|College of Ceramic Technology|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|West Bengal University of Technology, upgraded to an academically autonomous postgraduate institute by UGC|
|Officer in charge||Prof. Dr. Saikat Maitra|
|Undergraduates||B. Tech. (CSE, CT, IT)|
|Postgraduates||M. Tech. (CT, IT)|
|Address||73 ,Abhinash Chandra Bannerjee Lane, Kolkata-700010, Beliaghata, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
The Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology (GCECT), formerly known as College of Ceramic Technology (CCT), is a premier government funded academically autonomous institute, affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) in Kolkata, India. GCECT stands one of the best engineering colleges in West Bengal (through state JEE,WBJEE)which have recently stepped into its 75th year of existence. The Platinum Jubilee of the college was celebrated on April 2016 with association of International Conferences, alumni meet, visit of eminent peoples etc.
- The Ceramic Technology and Information Technology streams are National Board of Accreditation Accredited.
- NAAC accredited grade A autonomous institution under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.
- The college is an IBM Software Centre of Excellence
- Joint research project with IIT-Kharagpur- the development of jute reinforced concrete
- Joint industrial project with TISCO- Comparative study of wear mechanism of MgO –Carbon, Al2O3-MgO-Carbon and Pitch bonded Dolomite Refractories in Steel Ladle Working Environment
- Technical tie-up with foreign universities Like Penn State University, University of Florida and Western Michigan University.