- For the administrative district, see Qubadli Rayon.
|Country||De facto Nagorno-Karabakh
De jure Azerbaijan
|Elevation||477 m (1,565 ft)|
|• Total||600 |
|Time zone||AMT (UTC+4)|
|• Summer (DST)||AZT (UTC+5)|
|Area code(s)||+994 133|
Qubadlı (also, Ghubat’ly, Koubately, Kubatlu, Kubately, and Qubadly), known as Vorotan by Armenians, is a town in Azerbaijan (de jure). However, it is de facto controlled by the Nagorno Karabakh Republic forces since 31 August 1993.
Vorotan as it is known in Armenian was once part of the Kingdom of Armenia and the Kingdom of Artsakh but was deliberately excluded from the Karabakh Autonomous Region in 1923, and then reunited with Nagorno Karabakh Republic during the National Liberation War.
- Chingiz Ildyrym — People's Commissar for Military and Naval Affairs of the Azerbaijan SSR (1920).
- Vasili Aliyev — National Hero of Azerbaijan
- Niyamaddin Pashayev — Taekwando, World and European Champion
- Heydar Mammadaliyev — Wrestling, World Champion, 2004 Olympic silver medalist
- Robert H. Hewsen, Armenia: A Historical Atlas. The University of Chicago Press, 2001, pp. 40, 101-102, 264-265.
- Активные борцы за советскую власть в Азербайджане. Азербайджанское гос. изд-во. 1957. p. 226.
- "Aliyev Vasili Ahmad oglu". milliqahraman.az.
- "Taekwondo Data".
|This Nagorno-Karabakh Republic location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Qubadli Rayon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|