Hajipur Junction railway station
|Indian Junction Railway Station|
|Elevation||55 metres (180 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railway|
|Platforms||5 (4,5, Under construction)|
|Connections||Bus stand, Auto-rickshaws, Taxi Stand|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway|
|Passengers||70,000 per day (approx.)|
Hajipur Junction, station code HJP, is a railway station in the Sonpur division of East Central Railway. Hajipur Junction is located in Hajipur city in Vaishali district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is the headquarters of the East Central Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. Three rail lines connect it to Muzaffarpur, Chhapra (via Sonepur) , Patna and Barauni.
The major facilities available are Waiting rooms, computerized reservation facility, Vehicle parking. There are 9 unreserved ticketing systems counters. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO Telephone booth, toilets, tea stall and book stall. Since April 2011, Hajipur station has super deluxe toilet facility. A video conferencing inquiry counter has been made available for passengers. There is an air-conditioned waiting hall and dormitory facility for the passengers to stay at night or during short visit to Hajipur.
Important trains like Guwahati Rajdhani Express (12235/12236), Vaishali Express (12553/12554), Bihar Sampark Kranti Superfast Express (12565/12566), Garib Rath Express (12203/12204), Swatantra Sainani Superfast Express (12561/12562), Sabarmati Express (19165/19166), Lohit Express (15651/15652), Lichchavi Express (14005/14006) and all other trains passing through this route have stoppages here. Several electrified local passenger trains and express trains run from Hajipur to neighbouring destinations.
The nearest airport to Hajipur Junction are
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 19 kilometres (12 mi)
- Gaya Airport 123 kilometres (76 mi)
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 319 kilometres (198 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- "Official Website of Sonpur Division of East Central Railway". Government of India. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Hajipur station gets a facelift". The Times of India. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Hajipur Junction". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.