Dawn Media Group
The Dawn Media Group is the trading name of Pakistan Herald Publications (Pvt.) Ltd., a Pakistani media company. It started using this trading name in 2008 "to reflect the Group's transformation from a publisher of newspapers and magazines into a powerful multimedia group" (from a 2011 corporate brochure).
The Karachi based group is owned by the powerful Haroon and Saigol families. The CEO is Hameed Haroon, and its chairman is Amber Haroon Saigol, daughter of the previous chairman Mahmoud Haroon and the 11th richest individual in Pakistan in 1993 (the only year that the Pakistani government has published the wealth of the country's richest citizens). A list over the 40 richest families in Pakistan, published in 2006, ranks the Saigol family as the sixth richest and the Haroons and the 16th richest.
The Dawn Media Group covers three areas: print media (organised as a separate division called Dawn Group of Newspapers), broadcast media, and internet media:
- Print media
- Broadcast media
- Internet media
- Dawn Education Expo, annually education festival
- Whois search of Dawn.com, DomainTools, retrieved 2013-01-02
- The Dawn Education Expo 2011, page 4 (PDF), Dawn Media Group, 2010-10-16, retrieved 2013-01-02
- Ricpaki@xoommail.com (1993), Richest individuals of Pakistan, Tripod.com, retrieved 2011-05-03
- 40 Richest Families in Pakistan, PakTribune, 2006-11-16, retrieved 2011-05-03
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|