This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Original Hollywood Pictures Backlot entrance in 2008
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opened||February 8, 2001|
Hollywood Land is a themed land at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. The area is inspired by the 1930s Golden Age period of Hollywood and hosts attractions themed to this concept, including a backlot of a typical Hollywood studio. The land opened as Hollywood Pictures Backlot with the park in 2001.
The land's entrance once had towering studio gates that featured intricately carved elephants atop massive columns. The gateway was a tribute to the spectacular epics made throughout Hollywood history, especially pioneering director D. W. Griffith's 1916 silent film Intolerance. After the park's re-design, the archway sign, elephants and columns were removed, whereas the repainted pedestals remained.
Attractions include Muppet*Vision 3D and the Hyperion Theater, which opened with the park in 2001 and has hosted four productions, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, based on the Disney·Pixar film Monsters, Inc., which opened in 2006 as part of the resort's Happiest Homecoming on Earth, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, based on the 2014 Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy and its 2017 sequel, and the Red Car Trolley attraction, based on the Pacific Electric Railway, which runs through the streets of Hollywood Land and neighboring Buena Vista Street. Former attractions include Disney Junior – Live on Stage! (formerly known as Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage!) and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Attractions and entertainment
- Disney Animation
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- Frozen – Live at the Hyperion at the Hyperion Theater
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- The Hollywood Backlot Stage
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Red Car Trolley
- Sunset Showcase Theater
Former attractions and entertainment
- Superstar Limo (2001-2002)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Play It! (2001-2004)
- ABC Soap Opera Bistro (2001-2002)
- Muppet*Vision 3D (2001-2014)
- ElecTRONica (2010-2012)
- Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at the Hyperion Theater (2003-2016)
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (2015-2016)
- Mad T Party (2012-2014;2015-2016)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (2004-2017)
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage! (2003-2010; 2011-2017), (formerly known as Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage!)
- Avengers Training Initiative (2017)
Restaurants and refreshments
- Award Wieners
- Fairfax Market
- Studio Catering Co. (formerly Between Takes')
- Studio Bar
- (SEASONAL) DCA Food & Wine Festival
Former restaurants and refreshments
- Hollywood & Dine
- Drink Me
- Gone Hollywood
- Off The Page
- Studio Store
- The Collector’s Warehouse
- Rizzo's Prop & Pawn Shop
- Wandering Oaken's Trading Post
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Princess Sofia
- Doc McStuffins
- Captain America
- Black Panther
- Bear (Bear in the Big Blue House)
- Olie Polie and Zowie Polie (Rolie Polie Olie)
- JoJo and Goliath the Lion (JoJo's Circus)
- Handy Manny
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (2004-2017)
- Slater, Shawn (March 16, 2016). "Adapting 'Frozen' for the Stage in 'Frozen – Live at the Hyperion' at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
- Pimentel, Joseph (January 11, 2016). "Fans say goodbye to 'Aladdin' musical in Anaheim". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 25 January 2016.