Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||Sajid Nadiadwala|
|Written by||Sajid-Farhad (dialogue)|
|Story by||K. Subash|
|Music by||Sohail Sen|
|Edited by||Steven Bernard|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Box office||est. ₹195 cr. |
Housefull 3 is a 2016 Indian action comedy film co-written and directed by Sajid-Farhad. It is the third installment in the Housefull film series. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under his banner Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment, it is distributed by Eros International.
The film stars Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Abhishek Bachchan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Lisa Haydon, Nargis Fakhri, Boman Irani and Jackie Shroff in the lead roles with Chunky Pandey, Samir Kochhar, Nikitin Dheer and Aarav Chowdhary in supporting roles.
The film starts in London. Three robbers attempt to steal jewels from a building, but are captured by the police. Six years later, Batook Patel (Boman Irani), a wealthy and successful businessman, is shown disapproving marriage of his three beautiful daughters, Ganga (Jacqueline Fernandez), Jamuna (Lisa Haydon), and Saraswati (Nargis Fakhri), as he believes that the previous ladies in his family were doomed because of marrying.
One night, at a friend's party, the girls reveal to their friend that secretly, they each have a boyfriend who are Teddy (Riteish Deshmukh), a wannabe racer, Bunty (Abhishek Bachchan), who wants to be a rapper and Sandy (Akshay Kumar), who wants to own his own football club. When the girls tell their dad about them, Batook takes help of a restaurant owner Aakhri Pasta (Chunkey Pandey) who dresses up as the family's fortune teller who claims that when the girl's husbands first see, speak to, or step foot into Batook's house, Batook will die. The girls, wanting to keep their boyfriends, make them have fake disabilities. Sandy pretends to be crippled, Teddy blind and Bunty mute. At Pasta's restaurant, Batook reveals to Pasta that his daughters are actually the daughters of Urja Nagre (Jackie Shroff), an underworld crime lord who handed the girls promising not to reveal his name to them as he was in jail. Batook has planned to marry the girls to his three sons, the robbers who tried to steal the jewels. Unbeknownst to him, Nagre has arrived in London.
While the girls prepare a wax statue for Batook, the boys go into town, where the boys are observed by him to be disabled. Bunty, appears crippled, Sandy blind and Teddy mute. Later, Nagre asks Batook, about his daughters's future husbands. Batook says that he knows three normal men who are suitable for the daughters. Batook takes Nagre to a Gurdwara to see his sons, Rishi (Samir Kochhar), Rohan (Nikitin Dheer), and Rajeev (Aarav Chowdhary), claiming they are orphans who do community service. Nagre chooses the three suitable for his daughters.
At Batook's house, Nagre claims that Batook owes him 50 million pounds. Nagre gives the boys 10 days to make up the money, or the girls must marry 'the chosen boys'. During these 10 days, Nagre and "his sons" will also live in Batook's house, meaning that the girls' boyfriends must act in front of just as they were observed by Batook and Nagre. During a party, the girls get Rishi, Rohan, and Rajeev drunk. The next day, they are happy to have sex with their respective girls, only to find out that they had sex with the maids. The maids request compensation, or they will sue them. Nagre surrenders to his daughters' pleas of love.
The next day, the girls take their boys to church, for confession because they felt that they were mocking disables by having the boys act as if they were disabled. After this, the boys feel guilty, as they were marrying the girls only for money. They go to the warehouse of Madame Tussauds to meet their girlfriends. They instead find Batook's sons whose goons attack them. While Teddy and Bunty fight them, Sandy hears Teddy say "Indian", and Sundi arrives, trying to kill Sandy. Batook also arrives who is blackmailed by the boys to divide Nagre's fortune into 7 shares. More people come as shares increase considerably. Nagre arrives, and attempts to kill everyone in the warehouse, while the lights turn on and off. As the girls arrive, Rishi, Rohan, and Rajeev see them, and hold them at knifepoint in front of Nagre. Sandy, Teddy, and Bunty then rush to save the girls, injuring themselves in the process. The girls forgive the boys, and Batook reveals the whole story planning and the girls and their boyfriends reconcile with Urja Nagre, the girls real father.
- Akshay Kumar as Sandy / Sundi
- Riteish Deshmukh as Teddy
- Abhishek Bachchan as Bunty
- Jacqueline Fernandez as Ganga (Gracy) Nagre
- Lisa Haydon as Jamuna (Jenny) Nagre
- Nargis Fakhri as Saraswati (Sarah) Nagre
- Boman Irani as Batook Patel
- Jackie Shroff as Urja Nagre
- Chunkey Pandey as Aakhri Pasta
- Samir Kochhar as Rishi
- Nikitin Dheer as Rohan
- Aarav Chowdhary as Rajeev
The film grossed approximately ₹15.25 crore (US$2.1 million) in India and ₹13.36 crore (US$1.9 million) from overseas territories on its opening day. It grossed ₹16.30 crore (US$2.3 million) nett in India on its second day. By the end of its opening weekend, the film had grossed approximately ₹100.03 crore (US$14 million) worldwide.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||10 May 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music for Housefull 3 is composed by Sohail Sen, Mika Singh, Shaarib-Toshi and Tanishk Bagchi while the lyrics are written by Sameer Sen, Farhad-Sajid, Sanjeev Chaturvedi, Mamta Sharma, Arafat Mehmood, Rani Malik, Manoj Yadav and Danish Sabri. The background score is given by Julius Packiam. The music rights are acquired by T-Series. The first song of the film "Pyar Ki" was released on 24 April 2016. The full music album was released on 10 May 2016.
|1.||"Pyar Ki"||Manoj Yadav, Farhad-Sajid, Danish Sabri||Shaarib-Toshi||Shaarib-Toshi, Nakash Aziz, Divya Kumar, Anmol Malik, Earl Edgar||3:47|
|2.||"Taang Uthake"||Sameer Sen, Farhad-Sajid, Mamta Sharma, Sanjeev Chaturvedi||Sohail Sen||Sohail Sen, Mika Singh, Neeti Mohan, Mamta Sharma||4:10|
|3.||"Malamaal"||Rani Malik, Farhad-Sajid||Mika Singh, Millind Gaba||Mika Singh, Akira, Miss Pooja, Kuwar Virk||3:23|
|4.||"Fake Ishq"||Sajid-Farhad, Arafat Mehmood||Tanishk Bagchi||Kailash Kher, Nakash Aziz, Altamash Faridi||4:30|
|5.||"Girls Just Want To Have Fun"||Cyndi Lauper||4:25|
- Akshay Kumar, Jacqueline Fernandez, Housefull 3, Opening, First Day Box Office Collection Report. catchnews. Retrieved on 21 October 2016.
- "Housefull 3 - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com.
- "Akshay Kumar begins shooting for 'Housefull 3'". Daily News and Analysis. Mumbai. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Akshay Kumar, Jacqueline Fernandez starerr Housefull 3's shooting wrapped up". The Indian Express. 23 April 2016.
- "Housefull 3 First Day Business". Box Office India. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Housefull 3 (2016) Box Office Earnings – Bollywood Hungama". www.bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Special Features: Box Office: Housefull 3 Day 1 in overseas – Box Office, Bollywood Hungama". m.bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Housefull 3 Second Day Business – Box Office India". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Housefull 3 box office collections: Akshay Kumar's movie earns Rs. 80.10 cr. in India". The Indian Express. 4 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Housefull 3 song Pyaar Ki: Akshay, Jacqueline, Nargis, Abhishek, Riteish and Lisa's love track is absolutely fabulous!". Bollywood Life. 25 April 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.