Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may interest only a particular audience.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(June 2018) (
Motto in English
|Working to bring change towards success, not only for one’s self, but also for the community.|
|Type||Public Business School|
|Chairman||Pravin Shankar Pandya|
|Location||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
Inaugurated on 6 July 2010, IIM Ranchi offers two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), four-year Fellowship Programme and Executive Programmes.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IIM Ranchi, like all IIMs, is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, government of India. The institute is free to design its own curriculum and recruit faculty members. In April 2011, Union Minister Kapil Sibal announced that the government is mulling enhancement of the autonomy of IIMs by allowing them to select the director and the chairman of Board of Directors.
IIM Ranchi is amongst the six new IIMs that were approved by the Union Cabinet on 27 August 2009. M. J. Xavier was the founding director of the institute.
The college operates from a temporary campus in Suchana Bhavan, behind the Governor House premises in the heart of Ranchi. The student block of IIM Ranchi is located at Khelgaon.
The construction of a permanent campus has begun at Birhar village on the Khunti-Karra road, about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Ranchi.In July 2013,Jharkhand government allotted 90.14 acres (36.48 ha) of land free of cost to IIM Ranchi (IIM-R) at Cheri in Kanke block, 20 km from Ranchi. On 29 July 2013, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development Shri Pallam Raju laid the foundation stone of IIM-Ranchi at Cheri.
Like other IIMs, IIM Ranchi awards only diplomas, and not degrees. The programmes offered are post graduate programmes at a level equivalent to MBA and PhD and include a standard post graduate diploma in management (PGDM), human resource management (PGDHRM), a full-time doctoral programme (FPM) and a part-time executive program (PGEXP).
|Business/Management – India|
The Student and Facilities Committee (SFC) is responsible for providing the daily facilities to the students. Placement Committee has a responsibility to foster corporate relations and conduct of the summer and final placement process.
Samarpan, the social responsibility club promotes social activities among students. Literary club promotes the importance of literature.
Apart from clubs and committees, IIM Ranchi also has various SIGs (Self Interest Groups). These include High Note which is the music SIG, Froggy Feet which is the dance SIG, Dramebaaz which is the dramatics society, Grayscale for art and photography, Equilibrium for Economics, Digitalytics for Digital Technology & Business Analytics, PRISM for helping students & sharing information and SOUL for conducting relaxing activities.
Conclaves and conferences
- AAROHAN Leadership Speak Series
IIM Ranchi hosted its first leadership speak series named "Aarohan" on January 8, 2016 at Cockerel Stadium, Dipatoli cantonment, Ranchi. The idea of this is to invite role models across various fields to come and address the IIM Ranchi community, particularly the students. It is a leadership talk series aimed at student interaction with leaders and innovators of their respective fields to promote intellectual growth, stimulation and facilitate the development of a more inclusive world-view. Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, ADC, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, South Western Command of Indian Army and Dr. Y.V.N. Krishna Murthy, Director, National Remote Sensing Centre, ISRO have been a part of the series
Colloquium is an annual series of guest lectures, where students of IIM Ranchi get an opportunity to interact with the industry leaders in finance, marketing, operations and HR that happen throughout the year. The speakers also deliver insights along with discussions on various contemporary issues faced by India.Some of the renowned speakers are: Mr. Amar Abrol, MD and CEO, AirAsia India. Mr. Amit Vaish, Director and Head HR, Barclays India. Mr. Satish Shah, Head of Human Capital, De Shaw India. Mr. Anirudh Patil, Director of Strategy & Operations, McKinsey & Co. Mr. Shashank Saxena, Vice President of Technology, Morgan Stanley.
- HR Conclave
IIM Ranchi being the only IIM to offer specialised course in Human Resource Management, have organised two HR conclaves themed as "Turning the tide on unrest in workforce " in 2012 and "Holistic Development of Human Capital" in 2011, leaders across industry discussed the challenges faced by organizations and the role of HR managers in solving those challenges. Dignitaries like K.A. Narayan, President-HR, Raymond, Mr. Sandeep Choudhary, Partner, Aon Hewitt, Mr. Partha Dasgupta, CEO, Apogee Leads, Mr. R. Sridhar, Vice President-HR, ITC Limited any many others discussed about HR practices.
- Radix- the annual business conclave
Based on the theme -’Connect’, ‘Enthuse’ and ‘Foster’- Radix is an opportunity for the young minds to welcome industry stalwarts and gain insights from their rich experience. The aim is to facilitate a quality interaction among the experts and the students along with exchange of ideas regarding various industrial growth factors and the development of a shared vision for the future. Leaders from organizations such as KPMG, Ernst & Young, Lenovo, Godrej etc. have been a part of Radix 2017.
- "Director's Message". Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Pathak, Vikas (16 September 2017). "Four IIMs to get new chairmen". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "IIM Ranchi opens doors on July 6". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 2010-06-29.
- Gupta, Amit (2010-03-17). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | 15000 line up to join Ranchi IIM". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "IIM-Ranchi gets free land for campus - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Mukesh, A.S.R.P. (30 July 2013). "IIM-R gets a home". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India.
- Mathang Seshagiri (2011-05-01). "IIMs give diplomas not degrees". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "IIM Ranchi to start part-time PGPEX for local companies". pagalguy.com. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) - Common Admission Test (CAT) 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Student Committees | IIM Ranchi". www.iimranchi.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Student Clubs | IIM Ranchi". www.iimranchi.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Self-Interest Groups | IIM Ranchi". www.iimranchi.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "AAROHAN Leadership Speak Series | IIM Ranchi". www.iimranchi.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- Pioneer, The. "Colloquium 2014-15 kicks off at IIM Ranchi". The Pioneer. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "HR conclave at IIM Ranchi - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Radix IIM RANCHI". www.radix-iimranchi.com. Retrieved 2017-09-03.