Indonesia national basketball team
|FIBA ranking||T-72 |
|FIBA zone||FIBA Asia|
|National federation||Indonesian Basketball Association|
|Coach||Antonius Ferry Rinaldo|
|FIBA World Cup|
|South East Asian Championship|
The Indonesia men's national basketball team represents the Republic of Indonesia in international basketball competitions. The governing body of the team is the Persatuan Bola Basket Seluruh Indonesia (Indonesian Basketball Association – PERBASI).
Its biggest success was the gold medal at the 1996 South East Asian Championship.
Team Indonesia is one of the major teams in Southeast Asia. The team finished among the top-four teams in Asia at the 1967 Asian Basketball Championship. At the 1996 Southeast Asian Basketball Championship, Indonesia was the dominant country and won the gold medal.
Indonesia participated at the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship as well, which was held 6–16 August 2009, in Tianjin, China. They were able to qualify for the said tournament by placing second in the 2009 SEABA Championship held from 6–9 June 2009. The team finished 15th out of 16 competing teams at the FIBA Asia Championship, where only the top-3 qualified for the World Basketball Championships. For these events, the head coach of the team has been Rastafari Horongbala.
At the FIBA Asia Championship 2009, Indonesia finished 15th, leaving behind Sri Lanka. On individual performances, Kelly Purwanto and Isman Thoyib finished among the tournament's top performers. Purwanto finished in the top ten in steals per game, Thoyib finished in the top ten in blocks per game. Indonesian basketball-icon Mario Wuysang was not able to represent his country at that event due scheduling conflicts. (the final four of the Indonesian IBL was scheduled about the same time with this Asia Championship)
- 1 Roster 2016-2017
- 2 Competitive record
- 3 Head coach position
- 4 Past Rosters
- 5 Kit
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
2016 SEABA Cup
|Indonesia National Basketball Team roster|
|Pos.||Starting 5||Bench 1||Bench 2||Bench 3|
|C||Dian Heryadi||Untung Gendro Maryono||Raylly Pratama Putra|
|SF||Muhamad Wardana||Francisco Yogi||Made Indra|
|SG||Surliyadin||Barra Sugianto||Teddy Apriyana|
yet to qualify
yet to qualify
FIBA Asia Championship
See also: Basketball at the Asian Games
See also: SEABA Championship
Islamic Solidarity Games
Southeast Asian Games
See also: Basketball at the Southeast Asian Games
Head coach position
- Scroll down to see more.
- Indonesian Basketball Association
- Indonesia women's national basketball team
- Indonesia national under-19 basketball team
- Indonesia national under-17 basketball team
- Indonesia national 3x3 team
- "FIBA Ranking for Men". Fiba.Com. 24 September 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- FIBA National Federations – Indonesia, fiba.com, accessed 4 September 2010.
- "SEABA: Pilipinas repeat, defeats Indonesia 98-68". interbasket.net. 9 June 2009.
- "INA / SRI – Indonesia avoid wooden spoon". fiba.com.
- FIBA Team Home Page – Indonesia, fiba.com, accessed 5 December 2010.
- "FIBA.com: 2009 FIBA Asia Championship for Men". fiba.com.
- "FIBA.com: 2009 FIBA Asia Championship for Men Top players". fiba.com.
- Indonesia vs. Malaysia | May 24, 2016 | 5th SEABA Stankovic Cup 2016 THAILAND (ENG), Youtube.com, Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Indonesia Basketball Records at FIBA Archive
- Asia-basket - Indonesia Men National Team
- Indonesian Basketball Association "PERBASI" Official Website