|Born||John Bouvier Kennedy Schlossberg
January 19, 1993
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University (2015)|
John Bouvier Kennedy Schlossberg (born January 19, 1993), known as Jack Schlossberg, is the youngest child of Caroline Kennedy and the only grandson of John F. Kennedy. He graduated from Yale University in 2015.
Schlossberg was born in New York City on January 19, 1993, to designer Edwin Arthur "Ed" Schlossberg (born 1945) and Caroline Kennedy (born 1957), daughter of U.S. President John F. Kennedy (1917–1963) and First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1929–1994). Schlossberg has two older sisters, Rose and Tatiana. Schlossberg's father comes from an Orthodox Jewish family of Ukrainian descent, while his mother is a Catholic of Irish, French, Scottish, and English descent. While Schlossberg was raised in his mother's religion, he also observes Jewish traditions, holidays and holy days. As the lone grandson of President Kennedy and the First Lady, Schlossberg became the only surviving male descendant of JFK's immediate family after his maternal uncle, John F. Kennedy Jr., died in a plane crash in 1999.
In eighth grade, Schlossberg co-founded ReLight New York a non-profit organization which raised more than $100,000 to install compact fluorescent lights in low-income housing developments.
Schlossberg attended Yale University, graduating in 2015 with a degree in history with a focus on Japanese history. While there, Schlossberg wrote for the Yale Daily News and Yale Herald, and received EMT training. Schlossberg stated that he aspires to pursue a career in politics after graduating from Yale.
In November 2013, he attended the "Medal of Freedom Award Dinner" to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his grandfather's death where he introduced President Barack Obama at the dinner. Schlossberg is a member of the John F. Kennedy Library New Frontier Award Committee, for which he has acted as the award presenter. He is on the committee of the Profile in Courage Award and was the host for the 2014 ceremony.
- McNeil, Liz (May 6, 2015). "JFK's Grandson Jack Schlossberg: 5 Things to Know About Him". People. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Zibart, Eve (June 18, 2012). "Kennedys 4.0: The Dynasty Endures". Boston Common. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- Bloom, Nate (Summer 2008). "Interfaith Celebrities: The Brat Pack". Newton, Massachusetts: InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Jacobson, Aileen. "A Kennedy Christmas". Newsday.com. Retrieved December 5, 2007.
- Oppenheimer, Jerry (February 27, 2013). "JFK's heir apparent". New York City: New York Post. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Danielle Brennan (November 21, 2013). "JFK's grandson takes center stage: 9 things we know about Jack". "Today". Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- O'Shea, James (September 9, 2012). "JFK's only grandson set to pursue a political career after college". New York City: IrishCentral. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Nedra Pickler (November 20, 2013). "Obamas, Clintons to honor JFK at gravesite". Associated Press. PBS. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Hawaii Congresswoman and Crowd-Funding Pioneer to Receive 2013 John F. Kennedy New Frontier Awards". John F. Kennedy Library. November 11, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Myrick wins Kennedy innovation award". Ithaca Journal. Associated Press. November 13, 2014. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Liz McNeil (May 7, 2014). "Lauren Bush Lauren Raves About Jack Kennedy Schlossberg". People. Retrieved January 19, 2015.