|Chief Minister||Narendra Modi|
Jyotigram Yojana is an initiative of the Government of Gujarat to ensure availability of 24-hour three phase quality power supply to rural areas of the state and to supply power to farmers residing in scattered farm houses through feeders having specially designed transformers. The scheme was dedicated to the nation by President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in 2006. Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) has commended the scheme saying Jyotigram scheme has radically improved the quality of village life, spurred non-farm economic enterprises, and halved the power subsidy in agriculture. Government of India is set to accept Gujarat's Jyotigram project as a flagship scheme for the 12th five-year plan .
- http://guj-epd.gov.in/epd_jyotiyojna.htm Energy & Petrochemicals Department
- http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/jyoti-gram-yojna-to-help-rural-development-103122301073_1.html Business Standard
- http://news.oneindia.in/2006/11/11/kalam-dedicates-gujarats-jyotigram-yojana-to-nation-1163345577.html Kalam dedicates Gujarat's 'Jyotigram Yojana' to nation
- http://www.indianexpress.com/news/global-water-institute-hails-jyotigram-scheme/994227/ Stockholm International Water Institute
- http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-10-04/ahmedabad/30242060_1_feeders-power-supply-hvds Times of India
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|