This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kamza seen from Mount Dajti
|• Mayor||Xhelal Mziu (PD)|
|• Municipality||37.18 km2 (14.36 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||640/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||66,841|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Kamëz (definite Albanian form: Kamza) is a municipality in Tirana County, Albania. It was formed at the 2015 local government reform by the merger of the former municipalities Kamëz and Paskuqan, that became municipal units. The seat of the municipality is the town Kamëz. The total population is 104,190 (2011 census), in a total area of 37.18 km2. The population of the former municipality at the 2011 census was 66,841.
Prior to the 1990s, Kamza was a sparsely populated and predominantly agricultural area. Following the post 1990s Albanian population movements, the area experienced massive influxes of inhabitants from all over Albania. The newly formed city is known to bear impressive street names belonging to international personalities, capital cities, and organizations.
The main football team, KS Kamza, plays in the Albanian Superliga at Fusha Sportive Kamëz. It is the site of the Agricultural University of Tirana. The basketball team BC Kamza Basket are 6 times national champions and play their home games at Salla Sportive Bathore.
Twin and sister towns
- Yonkers, New York, United States, since 28 October 2011
- Kemalpaşa, Turkey, since 7 January 2011 
- Macerata, Macerata, Marche, Italy, since 13 March 2010
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-01-12. Retrieved 2017-08-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Albania: Prefectures, Municipalities, Municipal Units, Cities and Agglomerations - Population Statistics in Maps and Charts". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Law nr. 115/2014" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2015-09-24.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-02-07. Retrieved 2017-09-25.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "European Green Capital". Ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "ILIRIA NEWS AGENCY - Kamza binjakëzim me Yonkers". Web.archive.org. 30 October 2011. Archived from the original on 30 October 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2012-06-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2012-06-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)