|Haseki Sultan of the Ottoman Empire|
|Tenure||until 12 August 1648|
|Successor||Rabia Gülnuş Sultan|
|Died||1687 (aged 57–58)|
Eski Palace, Istanbul, Ottoman Empire
During Ibrahim's reign, she received a stipend of 1000 aspers a day as the second Haseki of Ibrahim. After Ibrahim's deposition in 1648, Muazzez went to the Old Palace along with other women in Ibrahim's harem and she was ranked as the Second Haseki Sultan in the Harem. Ibrahim was succeeded by his son Mehmed IV. Muazzez's son Ahmed II was born at Topkapı Palace in Constantinople and spent 48 years of his life in the kafes (cage), a kind of luxurious prison for princes of the blood within the Topkapı Palace (it was designed to ensure that none could organize a rebellion). However, after the death of Suleiman II, her son Ahmed II became the Ottoman Sultan.
In 1687, a large fire broke out near the Old Palace. By the next evening the fire had engulfed the Old Palace. The fire burnd for five hours and the palace burned down in many places. Most of lives of people in the Old Palace were saved by the servants in the palace. Muazzez was so scared from the fire that she died promptly the next day. Her body was taken to Üsküdar, and was buried near a palace around there. Wares belonging to Muazzez, were immediately placed in the imperial treasury. Her Jewelry was given to Behzad Kadın, Süğlün Kadın, and Șehsuvar Kadın, consorts of the new Sultan Suleiman II. But when her son ascended the throne in 1691, he took away the jewelry from the consorts of the recently decreased Sultan, and placed the jewelry in the imperial treasury. Thus, she was not Valide Sultan to her son because she died four years before Ahmed II's accession to the throne.
- Ottoman family tree
- Ottoman dynasty
- List of consorts of the Ottoman sultans
- List of mothers of the Ottoman sultans
- M. Çağatay Uluçay - Padişahların Kadınları ve Kızları, p. 60
- Yavuz Bahadıroğlu, Resimli Osmanlı Tarihi, Nesil Yayınları (Ottoman History with Illustrations, Nesil Publications), 15th Ed., 2009, page 307, ISBN 978-975-269-299-2
- "Osmanlı padişahların eşleri". Ottoman Web Page. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Mustafa Çağatay Uluçay, Padişahların kadınları ve kızları, 5th ed, 2011, Ankara, Ötüken, p.97
- Mustafa Çağatay Uluçay (2011). Padişahların kadınları ve kızları. Ankara, Ötüken. p. 97.
- "Sultan Ahmed II Khan". Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Retrieved 2010-12-17.