Kyiv City Council
||This article needs to be updated. (December 2013)|
|Kyiv City Council
Київська міська рада
Coat of arms
|City Council and State Administration building, Kyiv, Ukraine|
Kyiv City Council (Ukrainian: Київська міська рада – Kyivs'ka mis'ka rada), better known as Kyivrada (Ukrainian: Київрада), is the city council of Kyiv municipality, the highest representative body of the city community. The members of city council are directly elected by Kyivans and the council is chaired by the Mayor of Kyiv (who is also directly elected in a separate election independent of the council election) or the City Council Secretary (elected among the council members). The deputies are elected for five-year terms.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)|
In its 1871 first municipal elections just under 6,000 of Kiev's 70,500 inhabitants were qualified to vote.
The first ceremonial raising of the yellow-and-blue Ukrainian flag in modern times took place on 24 July 1990 at the flagstaff of the City Council, two years before the flag was officially adopted as the National flag of the Ukrainian state (1992). July 24 was later marked as National Flag Day in Kiev (only). Beginning with 2004, 23 August is celebrated as the Day of the National Flag (in all Ukraine).
During the Euromaidan-protest from 1 December 2013 till 16 February 2014 Kiev's Town Hall was occupied by protesters; this forced the City Council to meet in the Solomianka Raion state administration building instead.
- Legal status and local government of Kiev
- Kiev City Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine
- Mayor of Kiev
- Kiev City State Administration
- Vitali Klitschko sworn in as Kiev mayor, Interfax-Ukraine (5 June 2014)
- Oleksiy Reznikov elected as Kiev City Council Secretary, Interfax-Ukraine (19 June 2014)
- (Ukrainian) The Secretary of the Council have chosen a partner of the defender of Tymoshenko, Espreso TV (19 June 2014)
- Kiev local elections. Central Electoral Commission.
- Mahera: Elections in Kiev may be held in May-June, forUm (13 February 2013)
Yefremov: Kiev mayoral election may be held before parliamentary elections, Kiev Post (27 February 2012)
- "With 100% of ballots counted, Klitschko, Bereza to stand in Kiev mayoral election runoff". Interfax-Ukraine.
- "До Київради проходять п'ять партій". Українська правда.
- "Children of Rus'".
- (Ukrainian) Україна відзначає День Державного прапора On Tuesday, August 23, all of Ukraine celebrates National Flag Day. Measures to raise the national flag are planned throughout the country., 1+1 (23 August 2011)
- Ukraine celebrates National Flag Day, Xinhua News Agency (23 August 2012)
Ceremony of hoisting Ukraine's national flag held at presidential administration, Kiev Post (23 August 2011)
- Hereha closes Kiev City Council meeting on Tuesday, Interfax-Ukraine (24 December 2013)
- "Ukraine protesters leave Kiev's city hall".
- "Новини - Українська правда".