|Date of birth||27 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Jeonju, South Korea|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|2008–2009||South Korea U-20||21||(2)|
|2009–2012||South Korea U-23||23||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 September 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 September 2016
|Revised Romanization||Gim Yeonggwon|
Kim Young-gwon (Hangul: 김영권, Korean pronunciation: [ki.mjʌŋ.ɡwʌn] or [kim] [jʌŋ.ɡwʌn]; born 27 February 1990) is a South Korean football player who plays for Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande.
In January 2010, Kim joined J1 League side FC Tokyo after an impression trial within the team. On 20 March 2010, he made his senior debut in a league match against Gamba Osaka. He scored his first senior goal with a direct free kick on 6 June 2010, in the 2010 J. League Cup against Kyoto Sanga FC. Kim played 23 league matches for FC Tokyo in the 2010 season, however, the club relegated to the second tier by finishing 16th place in the league. Kim transferred to Omiya Ardija on 31 December 2010.
On 2 July 2012, Kim transferred to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande on a four-year deal with a fee of 2.5 million US dollars. He made his debut for Guangzhou Evergrande on 22 August, in the first leg of 2012 Chinese FA Cup semi finals which Guangzhou beat Liaoning Whowin 1–0 at Tianhe Stadium. His first Chinese League debut came on 3 days later, in a 0–0 home draw against Tianjin Teda. He played both legs of 2012 AFC Champions League Quarter-finals against Al-Ittihad. He won 2012 Chinese Super League and 2012 Chinese FA Cup with Guangzhou in the 2012 season. On 20 April 2013, Kim scored his first league goal in the sixth round of 2013 Chinese Super League as Guangzhou beat Changchun Yatai 6–1.
Kim played for South Korea national under-20 football team, South Korea Universiade team and South Korea national futsal team when he studied at Jeonju University. He was the regular center defender of South Korea U-20 in the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He scored a goal in the last group match against the United States, which resulted South Korea's advancing to the knockout stage. He won the bronze medal with South Korea U-23 in the 2010 Asian Games. During the 2012 London Olympics, Kim played as a valuable member and a major defender of the South Korean national football team. South Korea advanced to semi-finals in Olympics football for the first time and eventually won the bronze in the tournament, which was the first Olympic medal ever in Korean football history.
Kim received his first call-up by South Korea national football team in July 2010. He made his international debut on 11 August 2010, in a friendly match against Nigeria. He was named in the primary list for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup, however, he wasn't selected in the final squad. On 3 June 2011, Kim scored first international goal in an international friendly against Serbia.
- Updated to games played on 8 October 2015.
|1||3 June 2011||Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul, South Korea||Serbia||2–0||2–1||Friendly|
|2||26 January 2015||Stadium Australia, Sydney, Australia||Iraq||2–0||2–0||2015 AFC Asian Cup|
- As of 21 June 2017
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Others||Total|
|Japan||League||Emperor's Cup||League Cup||Asia||Others||Total|
|2010||FC Tokyo||J1 League||23||0||2||0||6||1||-||-||31||1|
|China PR||League||FA Cup||CSL Cup||Asia||Others1||Total|
|2012||Guangzhou Evergrande||Chinese Super League||7||0||4||0||-||2||0||-||13||0|
- Guangzhou Evergrande
- AFC Champions League: 2013, 2015
- Chinese Super League: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Chinese FA Cup: 2012, 2016
- Chinese FA Super Cup: 2016
- South Korea
- South Korea U-23
- Korea Football Association Footballer of the Year: 2015
- Chinese Super League Team of the Year: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- EAFF East Asian Cup Best Defender: 2015
- キム ヨングン選手 加入決定のお知らせ FC Tokyo Official Website. January 2010. (in Japanese)
- 金英權選手、FC東京より完全移籍加入のお知らせ Omiya Ardija Official Website. 31 December 2010. (in Japanese)
- 韩国外援金英权正式加盟广州恒大足球俱乐部 Guangzhou Evergrande F.C. Official Website. 2 July 2012. (in Chinese)
- ‘풋살왕’ 출신 김영권、조광래팀‘수비왕’예약이오(in Korean)
- 韓国代表vsナイジェリア戦（8/11vsナイジェリア代表＠水原ワールドカップ競技場）メンバー キム ヨングン選手選出のお知らせ(in Japanese)
- 조광래호 세르비아전 2-1 승리, 결승골넣은 김영권 MVP에 선정 (in Korean)
- "5 KIM Younggwon". FIFA. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Korea Republic marches into Asian Cup final". Special Broadcasting Service. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2015.