New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|• Density||9.570/km2 (24.786/sq mi)|
|Area||1,167 km2 (450.6 sq mi)|
Leeton Shire is a local government area in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire is located adjacent to the Murrumbidgee River and falls within the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area.
The Shire includes the town of Leeton and the small towns of Yanco, Gogeldrie, Whitton, Wamoon, Stoney Point, Murrami, Corbie Hill, Amesbury, Merungle Hill, Fivebough and Stanbridge and the suburbs of Parkview, Wattle Hill, Wiradjuri, North Leeton, Gralee and Willimbong.
The mayor of Leeton Shire is Paul Maytom.
Current composition and election method
Leeton Shire Council is composed of nine councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The mayor is elected by the councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 10 September 2016, and the makeup of the Council is as follows::
|Independents and Unaligned||8|
The current Council, elected in 2016, in order of election, is:
|George Weston||Independent||Deputy Mayor|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Leeton (A) (Local Government Area)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Leeton Regional Profile". Riverina Regional Development Board. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- Gray, John (20 September 2012). "Council's top pair return unopposed". The Irrigator. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Leeton Shire Council". Department of Local Government. Retrieved 8 November 2006.
- "Profile of the electoral division of Farrer (NSW)". Australian Electoral Commission. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Leeton Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 20 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Leeton Shire Council - Elected Councillors". www.leeton.nsw.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
|This Riverina geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|