From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lipid metabolism refers to the processes that involve the synthesis and degradation of lipids in cells.
The types of lipids involved include:
- Bile salts
- Ketone bodies
- Fatty acids - see also fatty acid metabolism
- Steroid - see also steroidogenesis
- Triacylglycerols (fats) - see also lipolysis and lipogenesis
- Lipid metabolism at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Ophardt, Charles E. (2003) Lipid Catabolism Summary. Virtual Chembook. Elmhurst College.
- King, Michael W. Fatty Acid, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acid, Triglyceride, and Phospholipid Synthesis and Metabolism. The Medical Biochemistry Page.
- Breaking news and clinical trials about Lipid and Metabolism
-  in Lipid Metabolism and Sites of Action of Lipid-Modifying Drugs (Not Statins)
|This biochemistry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|