From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of airports in the Los Angeles Area:
International Service Airports
- Los Angeles International Airport (IATA: LAX, ICAO: KLAX) is owned by the city of Los Angeles. The airport is located in the west of the city and is, by far, the busiest airport serving the city. It is the sixth busiest commercial airport in the world and the third busiest in the United States; in 2006, LAX handled over 61 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo.
- LA/Ontario International Airport (IATA: ONT, ICAO: KONT), owned by the city of Los Angeles; serves the Inland Empire. This airport is located to the east, in the bedroom community city of Ontario, California and is the next most prominent airport after LAX.
- John Wayne Airport (IATA: SNA, ICAO: KSNA) is located to the south-east of the city, in the city of Santa Ana, in the northern part of Orange County. It offers limited international service.
Domestic Service Airports
Towered General Aviation Airports
- Brackett Field (IATA: POC, ICAO: KPOC) is in La Verne.
- Camarillo Airport (IATA: CMA, ICAO: KCMA) is in Camarillo. It is the former Oxnard Air Force Base.
- Chino Airport (IATA: CNO, ICAO: KCNO) is in Chino.
- El Monte Airport (IATA: EMT, ICAO: KEMT) is in El Monte.
- Fullerton Municipal Airport (IATA: FUL, ICAO: KFUL) is in Fullerton.
- General William J. Fox Airfield (IATA: WJF, ICAO: KWJF) is in Lancaster.
- Hawthorne Municipal Airport (IATA: HHR, ICAO: KHHR) is in Hawthorne.
- Oxnard Airport (IATA: OXR, ICAO: KOXR) is in Oxnard.
- San Bernardino International Airport (IATA: SBD, ICAO: KSBD) is in San Bernardino. It is the former Norton Air Force Base.
- Santa Monica Airport (IATA: SMO, ICAO: KSMO) is in Santa Monica
- Southern California Logistics Airport (IATA: VCV, ICAO: KVCV) is in Victorville in San Bernardino County, far north-east of the city. It is the former George Air Force Base.
- Van Nuys Airport (IATA: VNY, ICAO: KVNY) is in the San Fernando Valley. It is the world's busiest general aviation airport.
- Whiteman Airport (IATA: WHP, ICAO: KWHP) is in the northern San Fernando Valley.
- Zamperini Field (IATA: TOA, ICAO: KTOA) is in Torrance.
- Riverside Municipal Airport (IATA: RAL, ICAO: KRAL) is in Riverside
- Palmdale Regional Airport (IATA: PMD, ICAO: KPMD) is located north of the city, in Palmdale, and serves the northern outlying communities of the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys. It used to have scheduled commercial service until United Airlines canceled service in 2008.
Non-towered General Aviation Airports
Other notable aviation facilities
Notable closed airports
Notes and references
- ^ a b c d e Los Angeles World Airports
- ^ AirNav.com 4CA0 LAPD Joy Hooper Memorial Heliport
- ^ "Air Operations". Los Angeles County Fire Department. Retrieved 2007-02-17.
- ^ AirNav.com KPAI Barton Heliport