Pieman power scheme
Hydrological measurements on this river by the HEC began in 1955.
The southern portion of the catchment has a very narrow separation from the adjacent Murchison River, where the Sophia River is the main river. The northern side of Sophia river catchment, a creek known as White Hawk, drains ground with features known as Granite Tor, and High Tor, which lie due east of Tullah.
The northern Mackintosh catchment has a number of named tributaries. From the orientation of Mount Romulus, Fury River which originates near Barn Bluff, is the main eastern tributary. Mount Remus is drained to the south by Schist Creek which flows into the Fury River, and to the west, Devils Ravine.
In the north east of the catchment area, Mayday Mountain is drained by Belvoir River.
The north west area the Southwell River drains the eastern slopes of Mount Charles, which is north east of Mount Black.
- Tasmania. Dept. of Mines; Geological Survey of Tasmania (1974), Geological survey explanatory report : geological atlas 1 mile series, Govt. Printer, retrieved 14 July 2015
- Geological Survey of Tasmania; Collins, P. L. F. (Peter Lionel Fleury). Geological Survey explanatory report, geological atlas 1 mile series, zone 7, sheet 44 (8014 N) Mackintosh (1966), Mackintosh (1st ed.), The Department, ISBN 978-0-7246-0492-0
- Forestry Commission of Tasmania (1970), Mackintosh, D ([Provisional ed.] ed.), Forestry Commission of Tasmania], retrieved 14 July 2015
- [Map of South West Tasmania from the Mackintosh River to the Gordon River and between Macquarie Harbour and Lake St. Clair], 1860, retrieved 14 July 2015
- Mather, R P (1958), Pieman River development : the Mackintosh and Murchison dam sites, n.p, retrieved 14 July 2015
- Kinstler, FL (1982), "Mackintosh and Murchison Dams River Diversions", Engineering Conference 1982: Changing Society, a Challenge for Engineering; Technical Papers, The (Institution of Engineers, Australia): 146–151, ISBN 978-0-85825-163-2
- page 42, map Landforms in Waterman, Peter, 1941-; South West Tasmania Resources Survey (1979), Mackintosh-Murchison catchment, Steering Committee, South West Tasmania Resources Survey, ISBN 978-0-7246-0261-2
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|