Manav Rachna International University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Career institute of Technology and Management (1997-2008), Faridabad Institute of Technology (2000-2008)|
|Campus||Sub Urban, 60 acres|
- 1 Accreditation
- 2 Campus
- 3 Courses
- 3.1 Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- 3.2 Faculty of Applied Sciences
- 3.3 Faculty of Management Studies
- 3.4 Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities
- 3.5 Faculty of International Programmes
- 3.6 Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies
- 3.7 Faculty of Computer Applications
- 3.8 Faculty of Planning and Architecture
- 4 Dr. O. P. Bhalla Central Library
- 5 Admissions
- 6 Examination system
- 7 Training and Placement
- 8 Research activities
- 9 Notable alumni
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) is a NAAC accredited A-grade university. It was granted the Deemed university status under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, as Manav Rachna International University.
The campus covers 60 acres (0.24 km2). There are buildings devoted to engineering, applied sciences, and business studies. There is an auditorium and central library. Students reside in hostels with a separate facility for international students. An indoor sports hall was officially opened by Abhinav Bindra in 2010.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science – Nutrition & Dietetics
- Master of Science – Nutrition & Dietetics
- Master of Physiotherapy
Faculty of Management Studies
- Master of Business Administration with Dual Specialization
- Master of Business Administration – Health Care Management
- Master of Arts – Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts – Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Science – Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Ph.D. in Management Sciences
Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts – Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts – English
- Master of Arts – Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Arts – English
Faculty of International Programmes
- B.Sc. Interior Design
- B.Sc. Animation Film Design
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Global) – International Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Global)
- Bachelor of Science – Information Technology
Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BBA (Banking)
- BBA(G) International Business
- B.Com. (Honors)
- B.Com. (Industry Integrated)
- B.A. (Economics Honors)
Faculty of Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science – Information Technology
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – Lateral Entry
Faculty of Planning and Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture
- B.Sc. – Interior Design
- M.Sc- Interior Design
Dr. O. P. Bhalla Central Library
The University has a central library with extensive collections of books, journals and digital learning resources.
Admission to B.Tech courses is primarily through results obtained in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education every year. Over one thousand students are accepted into the first year of B. Tech programs annually.
Students with a three-year diploma from a recognised polytechnic in the state can apply for direct admission to the second year of the B.Tech program through an online exam organised by the MRIU.
Admission to the M.Tech program is evaluated on the basis of performance in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
Admission to this program is via the Online Entrance Test for Master of Computer Applications (OLET-MCA) conducted by Haryana State Counseling Society (HSCS).
Admissions to the three year MBA course require a Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) and taking the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA).
Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester has two internal exams (sessional exams) and one final exam (semester exam) for all theory subjects. For laboratory courses there is one internal exam followed by the final semester exam. Most of the exams are theoretical like most other engineering colleges in India.
Training and Placement
The university has a Training and Placement department that helps its graduates find employment. The Corporate Resource Centre connects students with employers.
Between 2006 and 2011 the faculty of the university published 643 research publications in national and international journals and conferences.