Map of Cebu with Barili highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||3rd district of Cebu|
|Barangay||42 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Teresito Mariñas (LP)|
|• Vice mayor||Jose Nemeño|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||122.21 km2 (47.19 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||600/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||42,831|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
Barili is located 61 km (38 mi) southwest of Cebu City. It borders on Dumanjug to the south; to the north with Aloguinsan; to the east with Carcar and Sibonga; and to the west lies the Tañon Strait. Its main tourist attraction is the Mantayupan Falls.
Barili comprises 42 barangays:
- Bugtong Kawayan
- San Rafael
- Santa Ana
The word barili comes from the name of a local grass called balili. The municipality was founded in 1632, though the parish of Barili was established in 1614. A cross was erected by conquistadores on their arrival at 1602, and still exists today.
|Population census of Barili|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The population in 1903 was 31,617 persons.
The economic output of Barili is mainly rice, maize, bananas, vegetables and coconuts.
Mantayupan Falls are located at , close to the eastern end of the Carcar—Barili Road where it connects to the national highway. The falls are approximately 61 metres (200 ft) high but do not have a direct descent. Pools at various heights flow into the basin. The waterfall is one of three main tourist attractions in the interior barangays of Barili.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Barili, Cebu". PSA. Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2015), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 20 June 2016
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- Cabigas 2011.
- PSA; Census of Population (2010), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 29 June 2016
- NSO; Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City and Municipality, archived from the original on 24 June 2011
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Barili". Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Cabigas, Estan (29 September 2011), "Visiting Mantayupan Falls after 23 years" (Photographic essay), Langyaw, archived from the original on 1 October 2011, retrieved 12 February 2015
Media related to Barili, Cebu at Wikimedia Commons