Map of Cebu with Pilar highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||5th district of Cebu|
|Barangay||13 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jesus Fernandez (BAKUD)|
|• Vice mayor||Eli Borinaga|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||32.42 km2 (12.52 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||350/km2 (900/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||8,613|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||5th class|
Pilar is a fifth income class municipality on Camotes Islands in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 11,308. In the 2016 election, it had 8,613 registered voters.
The municipality is contiguous with Ponson Island, one of the four Camotes Islands in the Camotes Sea (along with Pacijan Island, Poro Island, and Tulang Island). The island is about 10.6 kilometres (6.59 mi) long and 3.7 kilometres (2.30 mi) wide.
Pilar comprises 13 barangays:
- Lower Poblacion
- San Isidro
- San Juan
- Upper Poblacion
|Population census of Pilar|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
People in Pilar mainly speak Cebuano with an accent similar to the locals of Bohol. Like most Filipinos, Pilaranons may also speak Tagalog and English.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Pilar, Cebu". PSA. Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2015), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 20 June 2016
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2010), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 29 June 2016
- NSO; Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City and Municipality, archived from the original on 24 June 2011
||Isabel, Leyte | Merida, Leyte
|Camotes Sea||Camotes Sea|
|This article about a location in Central Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|