Nagpur Duronto Express
|Service type||Duronto Express|
|First service||24 November 2009|
|Current operator(s)||Central Railways|
|Distance travelled||837 km (520 mi)|
|Service frequency||Daily Service|
|Train number(s)||12289 / 12290|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 Tier, AC 3 Tier, Sleeper Class|
|Observation facilities||Hybrid LHB rake|
|Rolling stock||No Rake sharing|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||74.40 km/h (46.23 mph) average with halts|
Being a Duronto express it does not stop at any other station in between. However it does stop at Bhusawal as a technical Halt. It also stops at Igatpuri and Kasara for removal and addition of banker engines. But from 1st of January 2016 all/some technical halts are converted to commercial halt. Thus tickets are issued from Nagpur, Bhusaval, Igatpuri and Mumbai.
The coach composition of the Nagpur Duronto leaving NGP is as follows:-
WAP7-SLR-AB1-H1-A1-A2-B1-B2-B3-B4-S1-S2-S3-S4-S5-S6-S7-S8-SLR. A notable feature of this train is that it has only 1 EOG coach.
Other Trains on the Nagpur-Mumbai Route
Jnaneswari Express, Samarsata Express, Gitanjali Express, Kolkata Mail via Nagpur, Vidarbha Express, Sewagram Express, Shalimar Express and some other trains ply on this route with travel time varying from 16 hrs to 13 hrs. However the Nagpur Duronto is the fastest option for this route as it manages to connect the two cities in just 11 hrs.
- "12289/Mumbai CST - Nagpur Duronto Express Duronto Mumbai CST/CSTM to Nagpur/NGP - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Nagpur - Mumbai CST Duronto Express/12290 Duronto Time Table/Schedule Nagpur/NGP to Mumbai CST/CSTM - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-06-18/nagpur/32298305_1_nagpur-mumbai-duronto-express-passengers-frequency (2289)
- "Duronto speeded up; days, timing changed". The Times of India. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Finally, daily Duronto express to Mumbai by June-end". The Times of India. 13 December 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto to run daily before railway budget". The Times of India. 13 December 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2012.