North East Fife (UK Parliament constituency)
|North East Fife|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of North East Fife in Scotland.
|Member of parliament||Stephen Gethins (SNP)|
|Created from||East Fife|
|European Parliament constituency||Scotland|
North East Fife is a county constituency in Fife, Scotland, represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom currently held by Stephen Gethins. A slightly smaller constituency, also called North East Fife, is used by the Scottish Parliament.
North East Fife in the region of Fife in Scotland has the River Tay on its northern coast, and the Firth of Forth to the south. The famous golf and university town of St. Andrews is in this constituency. Other notable population centres include Cupar, Newport-on-Tay, Newburgh, Auchtermuchty and Anstruther.
Members of Parliament
|1987||Sir Menzies Campbell||Liberal|
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Tim Brett||14,179||31.3||-13.0|
|Conservative||Huw Matthew Bell||7,373||16.3||-5.5|
|Scottish Green||Andrew Collins||1,387||3.1||N/A|
|SNP gain from Liberal Democrats||Swing||+19.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Menzies Campbell||17,763||44.3||−7.8|
|Liberal Democrats hold||Swing||−5.0|
Elections in the 2000s
|Liberal Democrat||Menzies Campbell||20,088||52.1||N/A|
|Scottish Green||James Park||1,071||2.8||N/A|
|Scottish Socialist||Jack Ferguson||416||1.1||N/A|
In 2005 the ward of Leven East was incorporated into this constituency from what was Central Fife.
|Liberal Democrat||Menzies Campbell||17,926||51.7||+0.4|
|Scottish Socialist||Keith White||610||1.8||N/A|
|Legalise Cannabis||Leslie Von Goetz||420||1.2||N/A|
|Liberal Democrat hold||Swing||+1.7|
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrat||Menzies Campbell||21,432||51.2||+4.8|
|Referendum||William Nick Stewart||485||1.2||N/A|
|Liberal Democrat hold||Swing||+8.4|
|Liberal Democrat||Menzies Campbell||19,430||46.4||+1.6|
|Scottish Green||Tim Flynn||294||0.7|
|Liberal Democrat hold||Swing||+2.1|
Elections in the 1980s
|Conservative||James Stewart Barry Henderson||16,421||41.2||−4.9|
|Labour||Anthony Michael Edward Gannon||2,947||7.4||+0.9|
|SNP||Francis David Roche||2,616||6.6||0.0|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||4.8|
|Conservative win (new seat)|
- Preceded by East Fife
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "F" [self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.