North Moonta, South Australia
|Population||547 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Copper Coast Council|
North Moonta is located within the federal division of Grey, the state electoral district of Narungga and the local government area of the Copper Coast Council. It was originally a private subdivision, and the boundaries of the modern locality were established in January 1999. It includes the former Moonta Hospital in Majors Road, which closed in December 2013. The former hospital operators, Moonta Health & Aged Care Services, continue to operate the adjacent Parkview Aged Hostel. The Moonta Lifestyle Village in Barbary Court and the Copper Coast Lifestyle Village in James Place are also located at North Moonta. The south end of the locality includes a residential-zoned area to the west of the main Moonta-Wallaroo Road, bounded by Haylock Road, and an industrial-zoned area to the east of the main road. It also includes a "rural living" area to the west of the residential area, bounded by Haylock Road, Muddy Lane and Binney Road. The remaining two-thirds of the locality is zoned for primary production. On 14 August 2014, it received additional territory from Warburto and Cross Roads as part of a boundary realignment of the local area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "North Moonta". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Search result(s) for North Moonta, 5558". Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Narungga (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Search result(s) for North Moonta, 5558". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Moonta Hospital". Yorke Peninsula Country Times. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Moonta hospital closure investigation". Yorke Peninsula Country Times. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Parkview Aged Hostel". villages.com.au. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Villages". SA Lifestyle Villages. Retrieved 7 June 2016.