Warrenben Conservation Park
|Warrenben Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Marion Bay.|
|Established||9 January 1969|
|Area||40.58 km2 (15.7 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Warrenben Conservation Park (formerly Warrenben National Park) is a protected area located in the Australian state of South Australia on the Yorke Peninsula of about 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) north-east of Marion Bay.
The conservation park consists of land in section 97 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Warrenben. The land first received protected area status as the Warrenben National Park proclaimed on 9 January 1969 under the National Parks Act 1966. On 27 April 1972, the national park was reconstituted as the Warrenben Conservation Park under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. As of 2018, it covered an area of 40.58 square kilometres (15.67 sq mi).
The following statement of significance appears in the conservation park's management plan:
Together with nearby Innes National Park, it conserves a substantial proportion of the natural habitat remaining on southern Yorke Peninsula. The park comprises an area of undulating limestone plains and low, stabilised dunes that remain well vegetated with mallee and tea-tree scrub and some sheoak woodlands. It provides habitat for a number of threatened species including the nationally and state vulnerable Annual Candles, state rare Goldsack’s Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum goldsackii), and the nationally and state vulnerable Malleefowl and Western Whipbird (Psophodes nigrogularis leucogaster).
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Warrenben Conservation Park' with the following datasets being selected - 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Properties' and 'Gazetteer'". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- DeGaris, R. C. (9 January 1969). "NATIONAL PARKS ACT, 1966: HUNDRED OF WARRENBEN—WARRENBEN NATIONAL PARK" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 45. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "No. 56 of 1972 (National Parks and Wildlife Act, 1972)". The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 660 & 701. 27 April 1972. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Mainland Conservation Parks of Yorke Peninsula Management Plan 2009" (PDF). Department for Environment and Heritage. p. 2. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Warrenben Conservation Park, Stenhouse Bay Rd, Marion Bay, SA, Australia - listing on the now-defunct Register of the National Estate (Place ID 6865)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 6 November 2018.