Patdi sona ni hatadi
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The town is located 90 km west of Ahmedabad in Ahmedabad district with a population of approximately 20,000. Ahmedabad (Intl' Airport)90 km away is the nearest airport. Patdi has less frequency of train connections. The nearest station having enough trains is Viramgam (30 km).
When the Virangam State (viz.) lost its eponymous capital after a conflict with the Marathas to the Gaekwar Baroda State, it changed its name as princely state after Patdi, its new seat. It was ruled by Desai Shris, whose family was also called Desai.
Ruling Desai Shris
- .... - .... Bhamjibhai
- .... - .... Udekaramji
- .... - .... Bhavsimhji
- .... - 1796 Nathubhai
- 1796 - 1809 Vakhatsimji Nathubhai
- 1809 - .... Harisimhji
- .... - .... Arbhamji Harisimhji
- .... - .... Kubersimji Vakhatsimhji
- 1848 - 1875 Jorawarsimhji
- 1875 - 1884 Himmatshimji Jorawarsimhji
- 10 July 1884 - 5 August 1913 Surajmalji Jorawarsimhji (b. 1848 - d. 1913)
- 5 August 1913 - 25 Oct 1928 Daulatsimhji Surajmalji (b. 1881 - d. 1928)
- 25 Oct 1928 - 2 Jan 1940 Raghuvirsimhji Daulatsimhji (b. 1926 - d. 1940)
- 2 Jan 1940 - 17 Dec 1941 Naransimhji Chandrasimhji (b. 1873 - d. 1941)
- 17 Dec 1941 - 15 August 1947 Pratapsimhji Naransimhji (b. 1895 - d. 1978)
- 1947- 2001 RajendraSinhji PratapSinhji Desai (b. 1947 - d. 2001)
- 2001- till Date GopalSinhji RajendraSinhji Desai (b. 1947 - d. Till date)
The main business of Patdi is salt production and related products. It provides a salt transportation channel to India. Patdi provides the best market for the consumer needs of neighbouring villages. It also provides a farmers' market and cotton processing units.
Patdi town is on the edge of Little Rann of Kachchh, the inner fort of Patdi, which is secured by dip water and city suburbs. Patdi is also known for its Surajmalji highschool.
Due to the neighbouring "Desert", the climate is dry but not much different from other parts of Gujarat. Patdi was the first state in India which had electricity by private rajwadas.
- WorldStatesmen - India -Princely States K-Z
- Website: www.patdi.net present Darbar saheb of Patdi is RajendraSinhji PratapSinhji Desai & GopalSinhji RajendraSinhji Desai
|This article about a location in Surendranagar district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|