|Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands|
20 September 2012 – 25 June 2014
|Mayor of Aalsmeer|
15 August 2007 – 20 September 2012
|Preceded by||Joost Hoffscholte|
|Succeeded by||Theo van Eijk|
|Born||Pieter Jan Marie Litjens
17 May 1968
|Political party||People's Party for Freedom and Democracy|
|Alma mater||University of Amsterdam (Master of Science)|
Litjens previously served as an Alderman for the Amsterdam borough Zuidoost from April 2002 until August 2006. He was selected as the Mayor of Aalsmeer serving from 15 August 2007 until 20 September 2012 when he was elected as a Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands after the Dutch general election of 2012. After the Dutch municipal elections of 2014 he became a Alderman in Amsterdam on 18 June 2014.
He studied French at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam from 1988 to 1991, when he changed majors to political science at the University of Amsterdam and graduated in 1996 with a Master of Science degree.
In April 2002 he became an Alderman for the Amsterdam-Zuidoost borough, dealing with finance, economic affairs, sports and recreation, environmental management and personnel and organization. He stepped down in 2006 and was elected mayor of Aalsmeer the following year, taking office on 15 August 2007.
He was candidate for the House of Representatives during the Dutch general election of 2012. He was elected on 12 September 2012 and left mayoralty of Aalsmeer the same day he has taken office as an MP.
- (in Dutch) VVD'er Pieter Litjens mogelijk naar Tweede Kamer, Nieuwsover.nl, 29 May 2012
- (in Dutch) VVD landelijk én in Aalsmeer grootste; Litjens naar Tweede Kamer, Aalsmeer.nl, 18 September 2012
- Ruben Koops (12 June 2014). "VVD'er Litjens wethouder Amsterdam" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Hayke Veldman (VVD) beëdigd als Tweede Kamerlid" (in Dutch). Omroep Brabant. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- (in Dutch) Drs. P.J.M. (Pieter) Litjens Parlement & Politiek
|Mayor of Aalsmeer
Theo van Eijk