|Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands|
Assumed office |
30 November 2006
Renske Maria Leijten|
17 March 1979
|Political party||Socialist Party (Socialistische Partij - SP)|
|Alma mater||University of Groningen (BA - Dutch language and literature)|
|Website||(in Dutch) Socialist Party website|
Renske Maria Leijten (born 17 March 1979 in Leiden) is a Dutch politician. As a member of the Socialist Party (Socialistische Partij) she has been an MP since 30 November 2006. She focuses on matters of public health, quality of life and sports. From 6 February 2014 until 29 May 2014 she was temporarily absent due to maternity leave, she was first replaced by Tjitske Siderius, and since 14 May 2014 by Henri Swinkels.
Since 2005 she has been a member of SP's party executive committee. From 2005 to 2007 she was also chairwoman of SP's youth organization ROOD.
- (in Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- "Tjitske Siderius in Tweede Kamer tijdelijk vervanger van Renske Leijten (SP)" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Henri Swinkels tijdelijk en Tjitske Siderius vast SP-Tweede Kamerlid" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- (in Dutch) Perdefinitie.nl biography
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renske Leijten.|
- (in Dutch) House of Representatives biography
|This article about a Dutch politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|