||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Billy Meier. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2014.|
|Similar creatures||Nordic aliens|
|Other name(s)||previously known as Pleiadians|
The Plejaren, pronounced "Play-Yar-En," is the name of an extraterrestrial race, according to alleged Swiss contactee Billy Meier. He claims to have had hundreds of contacts with the Plejaren since 1942 (when he was five years old), in which he was instructed to write down his discussions with the Plejaren in a series of over 600 Contact Reports, starting in 1975, which include much material regarding the Plejaren, including the reasons for them visiting Earth.
The Plejaren were given the name Pleiadians by Meier up to 1995.
This article mainly reports Meier's claims.
Meier states that the Plejaren come from a planet called Erra, which is only fractionally smaller than Earth, and has a population of around 500 million people. Erra is one of ten planets which orbit their central sun which is called Tayget, located in the Plejares system. Four of these ten planets are inhabited. The average life expectancy of a Plejaren is 1000 years. This is due to their higher level of evolution as well as genetic factors. Meier reports that the Plejaren look similar to humans from Northern Europe.
Until 1995, the Plejaren and their allies had three secret stations on Earth, located in Switzerland, North America and Asia. Between 1975 and 1988, the total number of extraterrestrials stationed there were no fewer than 2862 individuals. The Plejaren and their allies withdrew from Earth in 1995 and the three stations were vacated and completely eliminated. The withdrawal was linked to future events which were not specified. However, Meier says he still has ongoing contacts with the Plejaren.
The Plejaren state that they are the descendants of our common ancestors that inhabited Earth tens of thousands of years ago. These ancestors influenced the development of the earth population in both positive and negative ways. The Plejaren have felt partly responsible for the behaviour of their early ancestors. The main reason the Plejaren have come to Earth is to communicate the universal "teachings of the spirit" in order to neutralise the negative effects of various religions.
Meier says that the Plejaren call their spacecraft "beamships", and that he was allowed to take photographs of them in the 1970s and 1980s. The authenticity of those photographs has been challenged. Meier describes the craft as disk-shaped, 7 to 21 meters in diameter, with an outer skin composed of a copper, nickel, and silver alloy fashioned into a single seamless casing. He claims that beamships can fly silently (and invisibly if needed) at extreme speeds, and that some are capable of time travel, both forward and backward. He says that larger Plejaren spacecraft, several kilometers in diameter, are used for interstellar travel.
- von Jacobi, Ilse (July 8, 1976). "Die Frau, die von einem anderen Stern kam". Quick (29): 86–88.
- Moosbrugger 2004, p. 73
- Moosbrugger 2004, p. 280
- Moosbrugger 2004, pp. 9–11
- Moosbrugger 2004, p. 16
- Moosbrugger 2004, p. 279-281
- Moosbrugger 2004, pp. 250-251
- Kinder, G. Light Years: An Investigation into the Extraterrestrial Experiences of Eduard Meier. Atlantic Monthly Press (1987), pp. 46-55. ISBN 0871131390
- Korff, K. Spaceships of the Pleiades. Prometheus (1995). ISBN 0879759593
- Moosbrugger 2004, pp. 37-49
- Kinder, Gary (1987). Light Years: An Investigation into the Extraterrestrial Experiences of Eduard Meier (1st ed.). New York: Atlantic Monthly Press. ISBN 0-871131-39-0. LCCN 86028858. OCLC 14931396.
- Meier, Eduard Albert (2004). Through Space and Time: A Photo Journal of "Billy" Eduard Albert Meier. ISBN 0-9711523-5-7.
- Freie Interessengemeinschaft für Grenz- und Geisteswissenschaften und Ufologiestudien (FIGU) – Billy Meier's official website
- TheFly.com – Michael Horn, Billy Meier's "Authorized American Media Representative"
- The Future Of Mankind – James Moore's Billy Meier wiki, providing English-language translations of FIGU literature including contact reports