Ranaghat railway station
|Kolkata Suburban Railway Junction Station|
|Location||GNPC Road, Ranaghat, West Bengal
|Elevation||13 metres (43 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Eastern Railway|
Lalgola branch line
Gede branch line
Ranaghat-Bangaon link line
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Previous names||Eastern Bengal Railway|
Ranaghat is a Kolkata Suburban Railway Junction Station on the Sealdah-Ranaghat line, the Lalgola branch line, the Gede branch line and the Ranaghat-Bangaon link line. It is located in Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It serves Ranaghat and the surrounding areas.
The Calcutta (Sealdah)-Kusthia line of Eastern Bengal Railway was opened to traffic in 1862.Eastern Bengal Railway worked on the eastern side of the Hooghly River, which in those days was unbridged.
The Ranaghat-Bangaon link was constructed in 1882–84 by the Bengal Central Railway Company 
The Ranaghat-Lalgola branch line was opened in 1905.
The Sealdah-Ranaghat sector was electrified in 1963-64. The Ranaghat-Shantipur sector was electrified in 1963-64. The Kalinarayanpur-Krishnanagar City sector was electrified in 1964-65. The Ranaghat-Gede line was electrified in 1999-2000.
Carriage and wagon depot
It can handle the turn around maintenance of three trains.
- "IR History: Early days (1832-1865)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Eastern Begal Railway". fibis. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "The Chronology of Railway development in Eastern Indian". railindia. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- L.S.S.O’Malley. "Murshidabad District (1914)". IRFCA. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Railway Electrification" (PDF). ireeindia. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "Mechanical (C / W) Activity". Eastern Railway, Sealdah Division. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Trains from Sealdah to Ranaghat
- Trains from Ranaghat to Sealdah
- Trains from Ranaghat to Lalgola
- Trains from Ranaghat to Gede
- Trains from Ranaghat to Bangaon