Ravish Kumar at Ramnath Goenka Award in 2017
|Alma mater||Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi |
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
|Occupation||Journalist with NDTV India|
|Awards||Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Twice in 2013 and 2017 |
Red Ink Awards for best journalist of the year in 2016 by Mumbai Press Club
Ravish Kumar (born Ravish Kumar Pandey 5 December 1974) is an Indian TV anchor, writer, journalist and media personality who covers topics pertaining to Indian politics and society. He is a senior executive editor at NDTV India, the Hindi news channel of the NDTV news network, and hosts a number of programs including the channel's flagship weekday show Prime Time, Hum Log and Ravish Ki Report.
Early life and education
Ravish Kumar was born in Motihari, Bihar on 5 December 1974. He did his schooling from Loyola High School (Patna). Later he moved to Delhi for higher studies. He graduated from Deshbandhu College University of Delhi and received a post-graduate diploma in Journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
He received the prestigious Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award for Hindi Journalism and Creative Literature for 2010 from the President of India (awarded in 2014). He was honoured with the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for the Journalist of the Year in 2013 and 2017 for the broadcast category in Hindi language. He was included in the list of 100 most influential Indians 2016 by The Indian Express. He was named the best journalist of the year in 2016 by Mumbai Press Club. In March 2017, Kumar was honoured with the first Kuldip Nayar journalism award for his contribution to the field of journalism.. Recently He got another award for journalism.
- Ishq Mein Shahar Hona
- Dekhate Rahiye
- The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture and the Nation
- "an open letter by ravish to modi".
- "Ravish Kumar, NDTV Social". ndtv.com.
- "NDTV - The Company". NDTV. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "NDTV.com". www.ndtv.com. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Ravish Ki Report
- "Book review - "The Free Voice"". The Hindu. 24 May 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Book preview - The free voice - on democracy, culture and the nation". www.amazon.in. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Ray, Prakash (5 April 2018). "Review: Democracy and Debate in the Time of 'IT Cell'". The Wire. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- release - President of India presents Hindi Sevi Samman
- "Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards: The Winners". .indianexpress.com.
- "#ie100: Narendra Modi to Ravish Kumar, the most powerful Indians". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- Ravish, Kumar. "'News Anchors Have Become the Biggest Goons of Our Time'". www.thequint.com. The Quint. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- Joshi, Namrata (12 October 2015). "The Peace Maker". Outlook.
- "छेड़छाड़ में फंसे भाई ब्रजेश पांडे तो सोशल मीडिया पर घिरे पत्रकार रवीश कुमार, समर्थन में भी उतरे कई लोग". Jansatta (in Hindi). 22 February 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Ravish Kumar on Twitter
- Ravish Kumar on Facebook
- Qasba, a blog by Ravish Kumar
- Interview on Newslaundry
- Ravish at Shabdankan
- Ravish Kumar's latest interview with Kunal Kamra