Riso Kagaku Corporation
|Traded as||TYO: 6413|
|Founded||(September 2, 1946)|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 85.4 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 762.5 million) (FY 2015)|
|JPY 5.2 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 46.4 million) (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|3,563 (as of March 31, 2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
Riso Kagaku Corporation (理想科学工業株式会社, Risō Kagaku Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese corporation which is the inventor, manufacturer, and distributor of the RISO Printer-Duplicator, a.k.a. Risograph.
Established in Tokyo, Japan, Riso Kagaku is now a billion dollar company distributing product in over 150 countries. RISO Kagaku is maintaining a foundation that donates equipment around the world primarily to educational institutions.
In Japanese, 'Riso' means 'ideal' and the word 'Kagaku' means 'science.'
Noboru Hayama, the company's founder, started his business by mixing inks at his kitchen sink just after World War II, and in 1946 established a mimeograph printing company, whose first product was its signature duplicator. Over the next few years, Mr. Hayama expanded his company to the area of manufactured emulsion inks, stencil masters, and other duplicating products.
Riso Kagaku Corporation also manufactures the world's fastest full color cut sheet inkjet printers (as of January 2011). The ComColor inkjet printer family is the third generation of production inkjet printers following the HC5500 and HC5000 product lines. ComColor printers print at speeds up to 150 pages per minute while consuming less than 1/2 the electricity of traditional toner-based (electrophotographic) printers and copiers.
- "Corporate Data". Riso Kagaku. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- "RISO Africa opened its doors 21 years ago in July 1994 as a subsidiary of the Riso Kagaku Corporation of Japan". ITWeb. ITWeb Limited. January 8, 2016. Archived from the original on March 30, 2017.
- (in Japanese) Riso Kagaku Japanese homepage
- (in English) Riso Kagaku English homepage
- (in English) US Riso Kagaku homepage
- (in English) United Kingdom Direct division homepage
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|