Roland Garros Airport
Roland Garros Airport
Aéroport de la Réunion Roland Garros
|Serves||Saint-Denis, Réunion, France|
|Hub for||Air Austral|
|Elevation AMSL||20 m / 66 ft|
|Statistics (2017 aeroport Reunion)|
Roland Garros Airport (French: Aéroport de la Réunion Roland Garros) (IATA: RUN, ICAO: FMEE), formerly known as Gillot Airport, is located in Sainte-Marie on Réunion, France. The airport is 7 kilometres (3.8 NM) east of Saint-Denis; it is named after the French aviator Roland Garros who was born in Saint-Denis.
Roland Garros Airport is the hub of Air Austral and served 2,293,042 passengers in 2017 (8.8% more than in 2016). Air Austral also has its head office on the airport property. When Air Bourbon existed until 2004, its head office also was on the airport property. The airport is at an elevation of 20 m (66 ft) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 12/30 measuring 3,200 by 45 metres (10,499 ft × 148 ft) and 14/32 measuring 2,670 by 45 metres (8,760 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|Air Austral||Antananarivo, Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi, Chennai, Dzaoudzi, Johannesburg–O. R. Tambo, Mahé, Marseille, Mauritius, Moroni, Nosy Be, Paris–Charles de Gaulle|
|Air Madagascar||Antananarivo, Antsiranana, Guangzhou, Sainte-Marie, Tôlanaro |
|Corsair International||Antananarivo (ends 9 February 2019), Dzaoudzi (both end 9 February 2019), Paris–Orly|
|XL Airways France||Lyon, Marseille, Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Toulouse|
- "Résultats d'activité des aéroports français 2014" (PDF). aeroport.fr. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- FMEE – SAINT DENIS GILLOT. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 6 December 2018.
- Airport information for FMEE from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for RUN at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Géographie Archived 2009-06-04 at the Wayback Machine.." Sainte-Marie. Retrieved on 7 October 2009.
- "Trafic aérien record à La Réunion : 2,3 millions de passagers en 2017". Air Journal (in French). Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Legal notices." Air Austral. Retrieved on 7 9 September 2010. "Air Austral Anonymous company with executive board and supervisory board With a capital of 19 206 900€ Roland Garros Airport area 97438 Sainte Marie or BP 611 - 97472 Saint-Denis Cedex."
- "Contact." Air Bourbon. 19 June 2004. Retrieved on 10 July 2010.
- "Air Madagascar adds Tolanaro – Reunion service from Nov 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
Media related to Roland Garros Airport at Wikimedia Commons